Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you have the NPP (dual mode) exhaust option on your C6, an easy and free way to get your car to be louder is to simply remove the fuse which powers that system. The fuse panel is located behind the carpet in the footwell on the passengers side (grab the top of the carpeted panel under the dash and pull it toward the passenger seat). The fuse is the one at the bottom right of the of the fuse panel. Of course, that defeats the purpose of the NPP system (adding 6 horsepower at lower RPMs) but it is fun to hear the rumbling and the back pressure sounds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have an 06 Corvette and the reading lights on either side of the rear view mirror stay on when you are going down the road. How do you shut them off. Pushed the buttons in but still did not go off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Push start problem after hud install

Ive installed a hud in my C6 and all the lights are working in the car besides the push start. the car won't even start now and all the wires besides D have continuity. Any ideas on what could be happening or how to get my car to start? Ive also installed a cam in the car but never had problems until this install.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help please. My hatch release switch above the license plate is dead and confirmed by the dealer. They declined the repair, saying it is a bodyshop job.??? Is there a video on how to replace it? I have the part on order GM# 25853500. It appears to require removing inside panels.
Denny G

·
Premium Member
4,611 Posts
Help please. My hatch release switch above the license plate is dead and confirmed by the dealer. They declined the repair, saying it is a bodyshop job.??? Is there a video on how to replace it? I have the part on order GM# 25853500. It appears to require removing inside panels.
Denny G
Hi Denny,

Replacing the switch is quite easy and it does involve removing body panels.

See post #8 here: http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145093

If you want to do it, let me know, haven't found a detailed explanation or video on youtube but I still remember how to do it.

If you have small hands you can try and do it through the rear taillights without taking off the bumber.

:cheers:

·
Registered
78 Posts
'13 T Top Popping/Squeak Fix

For 2 1/2 years I have had a popping type of noise that sounded like it was coming from the top. The noise about drove me crazy. Tried several things mentioned on forums and the dealer just says they all do it and basically have to live with it. Two months ago, the dealer kept it 4 days and ended up replacing the latches. The squeak/popping was gone for about 30 miles. I even took the YouTube video to the mechanic showing a fix that uses a GM seal lubricant. No luck. Then I used some Di-electric silicone grease on it and it helped but it didn't go away. One of my sons asked if I also used it on the hatch seals. So I applied a light coat along the upper and lower seal. Noise is gone. Seems that most of the noise was coming from the rear hatch instead of the top. I'm happy again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07 vette that died while driving and now the push button start does not turn green and gauges will not cycle. Car will not do anything other than acc. cannot even get it to power on to be able to hook up scan tool. help please

·
Super Moderator
10,071 Posts
I have an 07 vette that died while driving and now the push button start does not turn green and gauges will not cycle. Car will not do anything other than acc. cannot even get it to power on to be able to hook up scan tool. help please
Probably a dumb question, but have you tried to charge the battery? ...does it take a charge?

Long ago, I had an alternator go bad and the operation of the car ran the battery down quickly. The battery took a charge and I was able to test it and determine the bad Alt. FWIW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wanting to lower stance on corvette

Hey guys just wondering if anyone knew of a person or place to have my corvette lowered. I have the stock wheels and was looking into getting a wider tire but do not kno9w how wide can I go. Its a 2006 C6 automatic thanx

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a fuse you can pull to allow the NNP Dual Mode Exhaust to remain open all the time,
if you happen to like the rumble of your exhaust.
The fuse panel, passenger side floor, under carpet, bottom right red colored fuse.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts