Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that you can NOT re-program or re-train the Tire Pressure Sensors on a C6 yourself like we can on the C5's?

I am a C5 owner and I just heard this from someone the other day and I was surprised. Is that so?

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
There is a tool to "excite" the TPSs when installed. There is, to this point, no way to remove them or tune them away to allow for low tire pressure ala drag radials or slicks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I am asking is for instance, in my C5 I could hypothetically swap the rear wheels and tires from side to side and easily with a magnet and the DIC, re-train those 2 sensors to their now new positions on the car.

Can you do that with a C6 as easily? I do NOT own a C6 so I can not just go to the garage and see for myself, that is why I am asking the experts here..

·
Registered
293 Posts
What I am asking is for instance, in my C5 I could hypothetically swap the rear wheels and tires from side to side and easily with a magnet and the DIC, re-train those 2 sensors to their now new positions on the car.

Can you do that with a C6 as easily? I do NOT own a C6 so I can not just go to the garage and see for myself, that is why I am asking the experts here..
With the C5 you use a magnet (as you state). With the C6 you must use a device that then excites the sensors so they are recognized by the computer. I believe that we paid a couple hundred dollars for this tool when we purchased our C6 Z06 in Dec 2005. If you change tires frequently (as in track use) then you need this device.

Janet

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is it true that you can NOT re-program or re-train the Tire Pressure Sensors on a C6 yourself like we can on the C5's?

I am a C5 owner and I just heard this from someone the other day and I was surprised. Is that so?
Like Evil and Janet said, it can be done with the proper tool.

It's a very easy and quick process. It's essentially the same as the C5 except that instead of a magnet, you need a tool that transmits a radio frequency that "triggers" or "excites" the sensor to send its info to the TPMS computer.

So.....You can do it yourself - you just need a $200+ tool!!

Below is a link to a video using a tire sensor reset tool.

Bob :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts