Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a set of after market wheels. 19 front 20s rear. The seller said they were on his 2006 vette but will bolt right on to C4s and C5s. Is this correct or would I need spacers for my 93? She didn't know what backspacing, but I'm thinking she ordered them for her C6, so offset is prob whatever that would be.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
IIRC ; C6 Z06 rims are same offset as 88 -96

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried a set of 20s on mine and it looked funny. They looked way to big on the C4 and raised the car up alot. I just bought some A-Molds off craigslist for 500 with tires and love the ride and everything.

·
Registered
424 Posts
OE c6 wheel will fit 88-96, but not 84-87. They make C6 replica wheels with the correct offset for the early c4's.

I have C6Z 18x10 front and rear. i almost went with a 19" rear, but decided against it because of the lack of ability to rotate.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The price is right. I'm not to worried about them looking to big. They are black and with the paint I'm planning for the car I think they will look fine. My car sits low as it is and can still be lowered. My biggest thing was the fit. I can't rotate the stock wheels as it is now so that will be the same. Just have to get them rebalanced now N then.

Anybody have pics of a later C4 with 19s frt and 20s rear or all 20s? If so please post so I can get a better idea of what it will look like before I buy them next week.

Thanks.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody have pics of a later C4 with 19s frt and 20s rear or all 20s? If so please post so I can get a better idea of what it will look like before I buy them next week.

Thanks.
Still hoping to get an idea of the look. Going thurs to look and buy them.

19"s front 20"s rear later C4.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
need to kno sizes of the tires. a 20 can be 2" inches taller than what you have now.
No tires on the rims now. That's the next step. Probly some rubber band tires. 35s to 45s still need to shop for those. I'm open to ideas. Weekend moutain road cruiser with a heavy foot. Reno to S.F. up and down the coast. No track stuff. Motor all stock still.

·
Registered
633 Posts
No tires on the rims now. That's the next step. Probly some rubber band tires. 35s to 45s still need to shop for those. I'm open to ideas. Weekend moutain road cruiser with a heavy foot. Reno to S.F. up and down the coast. No track stuff. Motor all stock still.
Please post pics when/if you get them!

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
When I bought my C6 Z06 rims i looked into the stock 19/20 for the width. you'll have a hard time trying to find a tire the within the same height as a stock C4 and thus throwing your speedo and traction control way off. look at ten ten tire dot com for a good tire comparison calculator. that might change your mind regarding trying to fit a stock set to the C4. Mine in my pick are 18inch.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have aftermarket chrome c6 wheels on mine. They are 17s on the front 18s on the rear.
Take this for what is worth, But when I got them put on @ discount tire.
They said 18s barely fit on the rear and if I went any larger I would have needed spacers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The rims.

Got'em! :thumbsup: Still a lil dirty but I think they'll look SICK on my car this summer.

Cell phone pics for now so deal with it or buy me a new camera. :smack

The white is removable to paint to match the car. Owner before me had a white C6

The fronts 19 x 8.5 I like how they have that deep look to them.

The rears, 20 x 10

·
Registered
110 Posts
sbert351:

that thing looks downright evil. darth vader crossed with road warrior.

what size tires are those?

hope you got a cam & headers to go with that look. that thing needs to rumble something fierce, and cause women to hide their children.

·
Registered
46 Posts
396 stroker, roller supercharger cam (no bad rumble I wanted a sleeper) with procharger. Actually too much motor for me, I wanted just a sleeper that had good acceleration. But I got a tire smoker that I cannot give all the gas to because it just smokes the tires anywhere under 60mph!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts