DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start.

1) More aggressive looking wheels.

2) Weight reduction.

3) A "shorter" overall look.

4) A de-emphasized rear-end.

5) A more "edgy" look, instead of the "soft" look.

What would you like to see?

O

·
0 Posts
More HP! Have to be able to beat the new Mustangs.

Also, a power convertible top would be cool.

AND... my #1 wish is...

That much like the C1, C2, C3 and C4... that Chevrolet will change the look of the C6 every couple of years. All the C5's look the same!

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Weight reduction would be very good to start with. Drop a couple hundered lbs. and your looking at a couple 10's off 1/4 times and gain some serious ground on the road course braking and accelerating.

A more powerful engine is probably a given since they have always done that but I'd like to see engine options make a return. How bout a 572 option? :D

If these things vacuum the road as well as the C4 and C5 then they should have a debris screen before it leaves the assy. line.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I'll start.

1) More aggressive looking wheels.

2) Weight reduction.

3) A "shorter" overall look.

4) A de-emphasized rear-end.

5) A more "edgy" look, instead of the "soft" look.

What would you like to see?

6) A dashboard which more prominently references the C1 or C2

7) More headroom than the C4's (have the C5's fixed this problem already?)

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
More HP.

Weight Reduction.

Engine options would be cool on all models (including the vert).

Better Interior then the C5 or C4. Built in Nav system (not OnStar!!).

An Exterior that says "WOW". Move the gas cap back onto the rear lid like the C4 has it.

A special edition C6-ZR1/Z06 with a limited number produced.

New colors not produced on other GM cars (Steel / Nassau or Quasar blue would be cool).

Buy one get one free. :D

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
Re: Re: C6 wish list...

bkuper said:
7) More headroom than the C4's (have the C5's fixed this problem already?)
They sure did! :partyon:

I feel like I'm going to spill out of the passenger seat in my C4. The passenger seat in the C5 (and the drivers side of the C5 is even better) has as much room if not more than my C4. Damn is it NICE!! I still won't part with the 87 unless I have to. ;)

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
Re: Re: Re: C6 wish list...

War Machine said:
They sure did! :partyon:

I feel like I'm going to spill out of the passenger seat in my C4. The passenger seat in the C5 (and the drivers side of the C5 is even better) has as much room if not more than my C4. Damn is it NICE!! I still won't part with the 87 unless I have to. ;)
I don't plan to sell my '94 either, but ever since I had the headliner replaced, the top of my head hits it. Kind of a bother, really. I know the acrylic tops provide an inch or so more headroom, so I guess I may have to invest in one.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
36,415 Posts
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP

And maybe a bigger engine.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Torch Red 2K said:
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP
more HP

And maybe a bigger engine.

Instead of the Corvette hanging onto the shirtails of the Dodge Viper...i think its high time that GM quits trying to squeeze every last drop of power out of a 350 motor , and do something drastic like have a Big Block option with power that surpasses the Viper for Corvette owners who want to be king of the hill again with americas longest running (and true) sports car. The ZZ572 with a healthy dose of testosterone , is clearly the answer . Id personally like to see swooping body lines to come back to the Corvette also.

Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
1. Tighter turning radius!!!
2. More horses!
3. REALLY unique design (some of this concept art looks like a damn Pontiac Sunfire)
4. a departure from the C5 in overall looks (a la C1 -> C2)
5. Stiffer, shorter shifter
6. an exhaust that is a little more gravely and growly (I was born a Ford-guy. the Mustangs really sound good to this converted bow-tie wearer).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I agree, a lot of the concepts do look like a pontiac. I wish corvette would do something a little more drastic and styish.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lblincoe said:
I agree, a lot of the concepts do look like a pontiac. I wish corvette would do something a little more drastic and styish.
Me too. I really liked the looks of this pup. To bad they didn't take some styling queues from it.

It looks SHARP and aggressive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
that is a sweet looking vehicle! Looks kind of like a Vector if anyone remembers those. I think vettes need to take a turn on the styling. (they always have) I really like the C5 but there really is not much difference from 97 to 03 in looks. If they don't come out with an entirely new model next year at least change it up a little.

·
DC Crew
53,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lblincoe said:
that is a sweet looking vehicle! Looks kind of like a Vector if anyone remembers those. I think vettes need to take a turn on the styling. (they always have) I really like the C5 but there really is not much difference from 97 to 03 in looks. If they don't come out with an entirely new model next year at least change it up a little.
That is the Cadillac Cien concept car. Sure would have been nice if they actually went into production!

:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
7. keep the TARGA TOP!!! Just Say NO! (to T-tops)

Something else... I don't think Chevrolet should necessarily be trying to invent a Viper-killer. The Viper is a bad-ass, certainly. My bone stock C5 is also a bad-ass... and for less than 35,000 clams, you can't beat it. If Chevrolet does try and build a Viper-killer, they really need to keep the "boy-racer" aspect of the Vette in there somewhere. A "base-model" rocket ship for those of us who make less than ninety-large a year. I really think the base model Vette should retain the sub-fortyfive grand sticker shocker.

thoughts?

Jim.

·
Registered
12 Posts
8. keep the interior head room!!
9. better speakers!! (mine blew out pretty quickly tooling down I-16 at a hundred and twenty, topless, radio wide open)
10. a blacker-than-black deep, bottom of the ocean blue paint option. The kind of blue that you can't even tell if it's blue or not until that first spring day when the rain finally quits, the sun is out, the birds start singing for the first time and the college girls are out jogging.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I would start with Z-51 suspension or of that stiffness.Power top on vert.Engine options.Wheel options ie mag,or chrome.audio options,ie hide disc changer,or stright in-dash disc.maybe a gs version,with all new colors.anolog instead of digital gauges(les to go wrong)no ride select,interrior colors that offer leather or cloth,in solids or inserted logos for spec.edtions,no chessey plastic two tone ,carbon fiber body planels,better breaks,larger dia rotors,and caliper .i could go on but i will have to see ,like the rest of us,what GM is realey going to do.Save the wave:stick: :excited:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:

It looks SHARP and aggressive.

If theres a thing as being to edgy thats it. I dont think you really want the Vette to be that sharp and aggressive but I know what u mean. That caddy is taking it to the extreme.

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
the car will ACTUALLY run cool.

I just saw 248 on my C4's temp. gauge.:nuts:

('course, I was sitting still in traffic and the outside temp gauge read 105)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts