Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
DC Crew
3,723 Posts
That DOES look good! Maybe we all need to get black ones and hope for a black out kit.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,513 Posts
They look good during the day but look like crap at night witht the light up. I think the C6 will be a welcome relief with the light on

·
Extra Crispy
5,119 Posts
got my vote:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
I thought I liked the C6 as it was until I saw your model....Dang..

Ivan

01 Speedway White/Black
Coupe, 6 speed, HUD, Hurst Shifter
2002 Z06 Flywheel assembly,
K&N Air filter

·
Registered
285 Posts
This is what I was truly hoping for -- no fixed headlights, but sadly it's not to be. Some argue that it makes the styling dated -- no effin way. Changing to fixed was a bad, trendy decision IMHO. There are (or could be) other solutions to the bulky squared eyes of the C5 (and older). :(

EYES WIDE SHUT!
EYES WIDE SHUT!
EYES WIDE SHUT!
:partyon:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Now that looks much better!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I could even see a custom c6 with a row of lights mounted where the driving/fog lights are on this version. That might be the perfect compromise! I do like it in black.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Now THAT is obviously a Vette! IMO they should have kept the popups. That pic rocks!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
That simple changes makes it 100 times better looking!!! :thumbsup:

I love the pop up headlights, it became a signature of the Corvette, just like how the hood opens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Now that is a corvette! Tom Peters sure messed up on this design and I think Jerry palmer did also. I think jerry was a brought in as a consultant on the C-6 Oh and Dave Hill He needs
to keep his ass out of the design studio!

The techngoly exist to make those lights have covers on them that are could be body color! then when you trun on the lights the lens is clear! :finger: Oh yeah the rear design of the off center CORVETTE on the lower right side. That design belongs on a Fu**KING TRUCK

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Glad you guys liked it. I was thinking, instead of pop-up head lights, why couldn't there have been "sliding" headlights. Have fixed headlights with a cover that slides over them when not in use. It would be similar to power windows except fiberglass would be used instead of glass. The motors would be alot smaller and the entire apparatus would weigh alot less. Also there would not be any motor problems since gravity will be working with you, instead of against you, like pop-ups.

GM dropped the ball on this one. Now the only way we can tell if its a Vette is by looking in the rear. An indistinguishable trademark has been lost, and no HP figures can ever substitute that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts