Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up, new here.

I searched for my problem, didn't find anything. Couldn't find a repair/trouble forum either on here.

I just bought a 07 C6 Coupe 3LT with the 6spd auto paddleshift. During and after the test drive the vette could be put into park fine, everything was alright.

I get in and leave the dealer after i bought it, then stop to get something to eat. Closed the windows, made sure everything was off and started to shift the car into Park.

Thing is the shifter won't go into park and the vette is sitting in my garage right now, in neutral with the e-brake up.

Also, is there a "Park" override button/switch on the center console that would allow it to go into park even while it's off?

All help would be very appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to DC! I'm sure one of our C6 experts will chime in... If you don't get an answer soon, I'll contact my bud Roy Davenpor. I'm sure he could help! :thumbsup:

Hey thanks. I've got a 100,000 mile warranty on everything that is on the car basically.

Right now in the Driver info center it says: "SHIFT TO PARK", and on the nav lcd screen it has the Corvette logo. Just sitting in my garage, everything is off accept for those two items.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's a pic of the interior, it's gonna like this neutral until i can get it into a dealer Monday.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's going to be sitting disconnect your battery, so you can start it on Monday to take it to the dealer
I would if it wasn't in Accessory mode. I dont wanna take off the positive, then put it back on and fry something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
C6 Z51 6sp auto

I had the same trouble when I got my 2007 c6 6sp auto, I will tell you exactly how to over come the shifter not going into park........give me a call at 713-534-2002, ask for Bobby.... I hope this will help you

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same trouble when I got my 2007 c6 6sp auto, I will tell you exactly how to over come the shifter not going into park........give me a call at 713-534-2002, ask for Bobby.... I hope this will help you
Indeed it did bro. Thanks for the help! :partyon:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Would you mind posting a brief diagnosis/solution here so owners with similar problems in the future could reference?

Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3LT 07' Corvette Coupe, 6spd Paddleshift:

Turn the car on, put it in neutral.

When you make all shifts, make sure they are hard and fast and hold down the shifter's button FIRMLY.

After that press the brake ALL THE WAY DOWN, then shift to Sport mode.

When you make all shifts, make sure they are hard and fast. (To reiterate)

After you've put it in sport mode, shift past all the gears until park with a fast and hard shift.

Took me 3 tries from neutral.

It may clank hard when you shift, so don't think you've broken anything. As funny as that sounds, it's not gonna break.

·
"a title"
790 Posts
WTF? Why should you have to go through that crap on these cars? I'd get that **** down to the dealership double time! Its ridiculous you have to Super Nintendo your Corvette like you are trying to get infinite lives for Contra III just to get it to work as intended! Up Down up down L R L R shift park start!

Paul

·
Super Moderator
10,095 Posts
I've no experience with the Auto, but this sound's like something that Wallace's group would make every effort to engineer "out." This is the first time I've seen it posted and we already appear to have two "victim."

We need Maven to step in and enlighten us.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Problems that soon!! Call the dealership, raise hell, GET A FLAT BED AT THEIR EXPENSE, get a loaner ( a corvette, you just spent a lot of money), and call them 2 days later.:rolling: :rolling:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i got it into the dealership this morning, see what they say.

After that fix the tranny worked fine. :crazy:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem.

3LT 07' Corvette Coupe, 6spd Paddleshift:

Turn the car on, put it in neutral.

When you make all shifts, make sure they are hard and fast and hold down the shifter's button FIRMLY.

After that press the brake ALL THE WAY DOWN, then shift to Sport mode.

When you make all shifts, make sure they are hard and fast. (To reiterate)

After you've put it in sport mode, shift past all the gears until park with a fast and hard shift.

Took me 3 tries from neutral.

It may clank hard when you shift, so don't think you've broken anything. As funny as that sounds, it's not gonna break.
Does the car have to be running to do this.
Thanks Ref.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Vette owner

Just bought my C6 March 2014. Have this problem and pulled shift knob off and the small and fragile tab on the button was broke allowing the button to move forward and I thought this allowed the button to not go back to release the N and P lockout. Epoxyed the tab and the shift knob works but it still won't go to N or P.
Why was answer left up for 7 years when there is no answer here about this problem?
How about some troubleshooting and not just "Went to the dealer and it's fixed."
Oh! First time this happened in April 2014 I'm out of town and went to Sunshine Chevy and they replaced the BCM for $700 + an d now again!!?
HELP me Bobby - is the 713-534-2002 still good?

·
Registered
3 Posts
jeffgleners48

I'm original poster. All solutions here failed. I bought my car "as is" and by "just bought" I meant 3 months ago.
Finally drove to dealership i.e. N and D only.
Three parts for $918.00;
1) Shift knob, 2) cable (cable runs from shift shaft to trans and was bent, perhaps from all my trying to force it), 3) Control (includes all parts between the shift knob to the cable and includes BTSI, 2 microswitches, shifter, leather boot, etc.)
BTSI was bad which was assumed by me when I took it to dealer because one post here said you can here the BTSI engage when you step on the brake. It did not make any noise. Can not buy the BTSI only!
Well, I thought I got a good deal on the car and now just paid $918.00 more since I now consider it part of the purchase price.
Happy motoring again with all new shifter and linkage parts.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Sounds like the problem I'm having and discussing in another thread. My 2013 is at the dealer as we speak and will hopefully be repaired under warranty with only 14k miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
C6 Z51 6sp auto

Have the same problem can I give you a call?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts