Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this for there setup when using a 18" drag radial at the track? I know the offset is different than the stock C6 back wheel but wondering if it can be done and if it would look allright. I would only use this setup for when i track my car. I know many use the stock C5 wheels for racing which the offset is not the same either but i prefer to use the new Z06 wheel if possible.Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So what wheels are c6 guys using at the track for the 18 inch drag radials?

·
Registered
458 Posts
So what wheels are c6 guys using at the track for the 18 inch drag radials?
I've been trying to get an answer to this for months.

I think I know what you mean. I don't want to go to the racetrack with different wheels on the back. I paid $50 for this car and I don't want it to look like it rolled out of a junkyard.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
II think I know what you mean. I don't want to go to the racetrack with different wheels on the back. I paid $50 for this car and I don't want it to look like it rolled out of a junkyard.
Racing isn't about pretty. It's about beating the other guy.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I paid $50 for this car and I don't want it to look like it rolled out of a junkyard.
That's some what of an oxymoron isn't it. I have had some cheap-ass cars in my day. Hell my first was a 84 Monte Carlo that I paid $150 and it looked like sh!t. How do you expect to pay $50 for a car and not have it look like junk? Hell, scrapping it will give you more than $50.

·
Registered
458 Posts
That's some what of an oxymoron isn't it. I have had some cheap-ass cars in my day. Hell my first was a 84 Monte Carlo that I paid $150 and it looked like sh!t. How do you expect to pay $50 for a car and not have it look like junk? Hell, scrapping it will give you more than $50.
Sorry about the typo :D . I paid $50K [that's 50 thousand dollars], and I want it to look good. Even when its at the drag strip.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Racing isn't about pretty. It's about beating the other guy.
Yeah ... I know....My car is not so pretty anymore after following some guy across country at high speeds....it's got rock chips all over:rolling: The car in front of me was being driven by some wild driver....I think it was a blue Z06....the DC6:laughing: I just want the car to look good at the races....you know I'm Not just a "waxer":laughing:
As a matter of fact I think your new avatar shows that crazy driver being stopped by the OK state police....I think the picture is from inside my car...can't wait for next year:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts