Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys think the c6 z06 big brake kit stacks up against after market big brake kits?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I would say a set of Brembos are better, if not overkill.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
The Z06 is a step up from the OEM C6 brakes but most of the advantage is realized in less fade rather the imporved stopping distance.

Brembos are awesome brakes. Their 4 piston brakes outperform the 6 piston OEM brakes. The 6 piston Gran Tourismo Bremos are 6 pistion and the difference is not noticable except at the absolute upper limit of the performance envelope for a street/track car. Add the Carbon rotors and you have race brakes second to none. But, Bremos are procey and some of the other big brakes kits form Baer, Stop-Tech etc. will provide a performance improvement at a lower cost but I think Brembos aare the top of the heap.

:cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Zo6 Big Brakes

I Just Ordered A Zo6 Big Brake Upgrade For My C6, What Wheel Choices Do I Have That Will Work With These Brakes Without Getting The Wider Fenders ?????????

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Honestly I would not even rate the OE Z06 brakes with the OE C5/6 brakes.

The OE Z06 brakes just have far to many issues when you start getting into racing applications. Street use I see no issues with them at all.

Under racing conditions you have far to many issues with pad wear problems. Some of this can be fixed with Cobalt's one piece replacement pad but there are still some problems with caliper flex.

The OE rotors weigh more than the wheels at a huge 29.8 lbs a piece and do not have directional cooling vanes.

The first thing that should be done if you are going to use these on the track is a good set of pads, stainless lines, and a quality brake fluid.

Going aftermarket for brakes is a wonderful idea and can open the door to many different features that the OE just can not do because their customer base is so much larger and wide spread.

Your main companies are going to be Brembo and StopTech. Both have wonderful products and their own benefits over each other. Both are going to drastically reduce weight over OE by almost 11 lbs each corner of not only unsprung weight but also rotational. Not to mention the large selection of brake pads over OE.

I would be happy to talk about either kit and what you can get from each. We carry both brands as well. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts