Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it's been about 5 months since I last posted. Since that time I've become a US Marine and now I'm at School of Infantry at Camp Geiger NC. While here my dad finally put my wheels and tires on. They're 19x10 rear 18x8.5 front with 285 35 19 and 255 35 18 Pirellis. 2.5" adapters on the front and 3" rear. Tell me what you think.

Update!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Looks good, except the car needs to be lowered badly. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks great:thumbsup: and I agree, please lower it.
Bee Jay

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I deffiently plan on lowering the car once I get home. I've already got a VBP spring in the rear with either 8 or 10" bolts. I plan on getting their front 550lbs springs also, and if need be I'll cut those.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
congrats on the marines cody been wondering where you have been.

rims look good. I hope to have mine in about two months after the other laundry list of things to do

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
congrats on the marines cody been wondering where you have been.

rims look good. I hope to have mine in about two months after the other laundry list of things to do
Thanks bro. Yeah I feel you when you say laundry list of other things to do. Not counting the car I've got a bunch of **** to do.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Well it's been about 5 months since I last posted. Since that time I've become a US Marine and now I'm at School of Infantry at Camp Geiger NC.
Cody, THANK YOU for serving our Country! Have fun and be safe. :thumbsup:

BLK 1 :buhbye:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bump- new pictures

·
Registered
35 Posts
First and foremost, thank you for your service. As far as the wheels are concerned, while not my cup of tea, I thihk they fit the look of the car well and add to the overall look of the car. I will throw in another "the car needs to be lowered" comment, which I know you said you planned to do. Can't go wrong with a 79!! (yes, of course I'm biased!)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Camp Geiger...wow, brings back memories. I was a Navy Corpsman back in the day and worked the ambulance crew on LeJeune and covered Geiger. Had a nasty mortar training accident in, hmm, 1985?
Anyway...
Rims look good, wild paint on that car. I'm going to go for no bigger than 17's on mine but that's a preference thing.
Good luck, Semper Fi, and go for a commission, actually, really work your ass off for a commission, eatin' dirt gets old after a while. ;)
Russ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts