Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and I decide to go out for a cruise since he his feeling a little better (currently has lung cancer) and he hasnt driven the z in over a week. We stop at the gas station and get some fuel and some compliments. Of course we leave the gas station sideways and roast the 325's. We are cruising down Hillsbourgh road and notice a new 911 making a u turn. My dad say's, hey what model Porsche is that? I say, the 2007 911. He responds, do you think we can take him? Before i can say anything hes drops to second gear gets along side the 911 and its on. We wax him with 5 car lengths easy. Next up, the red light. The light goes green and my dad drops the hammer. He nails second and bam...backfire, then third, bam..... backfire. We put a hurting on this 911. For a great dad going through lung cancer for 2 years, the Z06 brings a huge smile to face along with his family.

·
Registered
759 Posts
My dad dies 2 1/2 years ago from lymphoma, (Hodgkin's)

Your kill story put a smile on my face and then a tear in my eye!

thank you, :cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
My dad and I decide to go out for a cruise since he his feeling a little better (currently has lung cancer) and he hasnt driven the z in over a week. We stop at the gas station and get some fuel and some compliments. Of course we leave the gas station sideways and roast the 325's. We are cruising down Hillsbourgh road and notice a new 911 making a u turn. My dad say's, hey what model Porsche is that? I say, the 2007 911. He responds, do you think we can take him? Before i can say anything hes drops to second gear gets along side the 911 and its on. We wax him with 5 car lengths easy. Next up, the red light. The light goes green and my dad drops the hammer. He nails second and bam...backfire, then third, bam..... backfire. We put a hurting on this 911. For a great dad going through lung cancer for 2 years, the Z06 brings a huge smile to face along with his family.
its great to hear such bad ass people living so close to me!!!

·
Registered
939 Posts
:partyon: Great story!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Hey I'll put in a word for him with the big guy tonight before I ask to win the powerball...thanks for the story. I'm jealous cus I tried to get a guy in a black 997 to go just this weekend and he didn't want any of the Z.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the nice comments.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Wow, your dad has balls for racing on Hillsbourgh Ave., i've seen horrific accidents on that road and Dale Mabry.

Props for your dad and all getting a good kill, hope he gets better. Lost a Grandfather to lung cancer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
:agree: Great story. I hope and pray your father gets better, I can't imagine going through that. :cheers:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nothing like a good kill to release those ever-so-useful endorphins to help bring a smile to your dad's face! Great story and my prayers go out to your father for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
191 Posts
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

i raced a new one too and the Z eats them up like breakfast, but be careful with the ones that are modded.. they are wicked fast then

·
Registered
157 Posts
used to live in clearwater! god i miss it

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
good for you and your father to share that experience. nice kill and best wishes for you a nd your family.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great story and glad your dad can still go out and have fun, damn I wish I could get one of those 911s to play with me:partyon: :partyon:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts