1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
948 Posts
As much as I love MBs (and have always loved the AMG E55 Turbo) this IS NOT a race.....That Z walked away from a Sports Lux...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a big fan of MB cars myself and have owned a few; it's also darn impressive to see these modded grocery haulers doing 11 sec. even high 10s at the track! The W211 E55 in the video was simply no match to the faster Vette.

BTW: W211 E55 AMGs utilizes an IHI twin screw supercharger and not a turbo. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
was the AMG even running???

is it just me, or was that Z SO FAST that the AmG didn't look like he was giving all it had... !!!!:partyon:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hmm

Hey guys, what are the stock E55 numbers? Don't those seem kind of low for a Renntech?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey guys, what are the stock E55 numbers? Don't those seem kind of low for a Renntech?
Nope there heavy lil' pigs 4200lbs stock 390-420rwhp 430-470rwto there quick little bastards on the East coast w/great DA on great prepped tracks they have run 12.00 @ 117 flat 1/4 outt've the box:surprised take that back I think they had sticky aftermarket tires, new air filters but still outstanding times for a 4 door lux!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm a big fan of MB cars myself and have owned a few; it's also darn impressive to see these modded grocery haulers doing 11 sec. even high 10s at the track! The W211 E55 in the video was simply no match to the faster Vette.

Yo bro what gives you doggin' me champ? tried calling you a few times...going to lapd soon..+ other stuff:thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts

Yo bro what gives you doggin' me champ? tried calling you a few times...going to lapd soon..+ other stuff:thumbsup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hey, that was me in the Z06..:D

The owner of the AMG said that his buddy beats him about the same way in his CGT, so he is trying to get me up to race the CGT.

The outcome of this race was to be expected. 490 rwhp car and 4200 lbs vs. 460 rwp and 3100 lbs. The owner is very cool and just loves to have fun, like me..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
OH yeah

No doubt the Z06 should have murdered it. I was used to look on renntech's website alot, and i thought they had better numbers than 490, maybe its the higher stage. Even with the higher stage the z06 will kill it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry Broham, I'll holler at you in just a bit. :)

Good stuff...time to power-up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, that was me in the Z06..:D

The owner of the AMG said that his buddy beats him about the same way in his CGT, so he is trying to get me up to race the CGT.

The outcome of this race was to be expected. 490 rwhp car and 4200 lbs vs. 460 rwp and 3100 lbs. The owner is very cool and just loves to have fun, like me..:thumbsup:
Fadi - Nice run against the modded AMG. :thumbsup: That will be an interesting race with the CGT....represent us well Bro!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Fadi - Nice run against the modded AMG. :thumbsup: That will be an interesting race with the CGT....represent us well Bro!!!
I will do my best, but I don't expect a win out of that race. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks..:cheers:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I will do my best, but I don't expect a win out of that race. I will keep you guys updated. Thanks..:cheers:
Funny their excuses are mounting over at MBworld now:WTF :smack To be expected though, they've been spreading so much BS over there for years that they believe there faster than anything, BTW to the other poster Renntech stage 5 is what the E55k had, it's the absolute highest fastest pack they can buy, short of some personal side work w/porting, I just don't get those guys it's a freakin' 4 door 4200lb pig, vs. 3100lb nearly equal powered race car C6 Z06!:crazy:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
The news item will be when one of these slugs beats a Z. Having played with several MBs here, No AMG I have run across would be a match for the Z stock. This includes the CL65 AMG. They are great road cars but not race cars.

I have not come across a SL65 AMG yet but the power to weight ratio even on that car is still in the Zs favor. The torque curve of these cars could catch an unsuspecting Z off gaurd at highway speeds but IMO, in a staged race it would be the Z06 driver that controls the outcome.

:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts