Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
First off let me say that you did a great job with these renderings. Now, personally I love the interior, but perhaps not an all-black, but more of a black with a dark tan, similar to most of the press shots of the Ferrari 599 GTB interior. I really like the idea of what appears to be an E-gear type transmission:thumbsup:

Now as far as the first one, it's not bad at all, I just don't think it's a Corvette. Looks far too much like the mid-engine Cadillac Cien Concept, thugh I do like the lines you put in to the front and side moldings. Very nice how they all flow together.

Now for the second I like much better and I think is much closer to what the C7 will at some point look like. I really love the front end and the side molding is remeniscent of a '59 (big :thumbsup: ) I also like how you put the exhaust pipes at the edges of the rear end instead of in the center. Very good job and keep up the good work. What program did you use?

·
Registered
21 Posts
:thumbsup: Why is it that the only people who can design a good looking car DON"T work for the car companies??? Inquiring minds wanna' know!

:thumbsup: By the way XFIFTY. I absolutely ove the yellow one.

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all very much but I didn't do any of these sorry for the title if it was misleading. If I had this kind of talent I wouldn't be working 8 to 5 job.

This is from Winding road I just blew it up and trimmed the edges.

·
Registered
297 Posts
OMG those are nice! :thud: I would love to see some of those ideas in the C7 bodystyle, especially the E-gear (as an option of course). The yellow one sorta has a Lambo stance tho. The red one has a nice shark look to it on the sides, reminiscent of the older versions...i Love it! :partyon:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the yellow one is better. If someone is willing to wait 3-4 years for a C7 then he will want a new better exterior design, not a C6 +-5%. The second design seems to me as a C6+-5%. Wanting a better design is not an insult to the corvette heritage, it is a way to preserve and increase that heritage, in my humble opinion. Having said that I dont find the yellow design particurarly appealing, but I applause its effort to move things beyond whats expected from an educated guess.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
the only thing I like about either is the real gills on the red one. other than that, I think they both look like crap. artist renderings in magazines (especially when it's winding road....) are never anywhere close to the real finished product.....

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
To say the least, these were done by a talented artist. Very nice work! While I'm not big on the yellow one (why would a front mid car need all those scoops at the rear?), I love the hood and fenders on the red one. Even the lower facia is nice, although I think it'll need to be a bit lower for ground effects. Overall, very nice effort.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i like the car, but in my opinion i would change the back. i would lengthen it just a tad bit, make it even. Overall, i like. the red one is also nice.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I see the Caddy in the yellow one, & I agree the back window & angle is not right for Corvette, the red one is nice, the side vents & all...but not really pushing the design. I think because the C5 & C6 were so close that the NG is going to be a more radical change !!...closer to my avatar pix. Nice ideas here tho...good work !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts