Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

C7 headlights should be..

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of headlights would you like to see on the C7? Hidden and pop-up ones have been heavily criticized (illegal/heavy/expensive/air-brakes/malfunction easily and so on) but still many people think they are cool. Exposed ones seem to fix all the above problems (but their design can't please everybody because its a matter of individual taste). Would you like to see a similar/evolutionary exposed headlamp design or a completely new one? Also another point for GM to consider is whether to use the LED technology for the C7 (like the Audi R8) or stick with the Xenon.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I vote to go forward with the evolution and keep them exposed with LED technology. Less rounded and more sharp angles. (And this is coming from a C5/pop-up guy). :partyon:

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
I think the days of the pop-ups are gone.
yep.

Although I do prefer them.
yep.

But time marches on... In my opinion, if the Vette is to continue it's history of forward-thinking design and leading edge tech, then I do believe the Audi concept (among others) LED illumination is the way to go. Realistically, LED's should replace ALL lighting at this point.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the days of the pop-ups are gone.

Although I do prefer them.
me too, sometimes you have to go against logic and follow your hart I guess. Exposed is the logical choice. Whatever GM decides it will be for the best. Maybe explorer97 knows something more?

I vote to go forward with the evolution and keep them exposed with LED technology. Less rounded and more sharp angles. (And this is coming from a C5/pop-up guy).
I agree with the changes you propose (LED/less rounded/sharper angles).

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
As much as I like the Vette the way it was... I think its time for the General to take the design lead instead of trying to improve on the old. Its time to show the world what we can really build.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

·
Only green will do...
18,389 Posts
its very hard for me to say even though i said hidden they all look awesome i wanted to vote for all

·
Registered
166 Posts
Keep the (R)evolution going. Exposed but more aggressive in look. Show the world what Corvette was, is, will be. Be the leader of Sports cars.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
exposed, they allow better lighting technology (Xenon). i hated the exposed design when the C6 was introduced in 2004. they grew on me. And it beats getting out of the car and pulling up one of the lights on my dad's '77 that would occasionally stick.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with the vote to go forward with the evolution and keep them exposed with LED technology. Make them less rounded and with more sharp angles.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A friend of mine has a cell phone that is a razer look a like. There are some lights for the MP3 player controls that are hidden until they are lite. Something like that could be very cool.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Leave them exposed, it took a while for me to get used to the C6 but they’ve grown on me. They are less complicated to manufacture and save some weight.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think LED technology would be a great addition. Anybody remember those commercials for a Lexus, something about when you turn the wheel the lights turn also, that would add to the function of the exposed headlamps. Plus it would be cool when doing dough nuts. o\_/o

1 - 20 of 22 Posts