Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you put on the parking brake in your C7 on an incline does your car roll back a slight amount before the car stops? My driveway has a slight incline and since new when I activate the parking brake on my ZR1 the car would roll back like maybe 1" (maybe less) before it stops.
My C6 Z06 with the mechanical brake also did the same thing, I never had it adjusted during the time I owned the car (I probably should've), now I'm wondering about my C7 ZR1.
I'm of the opinion that when I engage the parking brake the car should stay where it is and not roll (even a little bit) but obviously fully disengage when released so it's not dragging the rear pads/shoes when driving. I also on a mechanical handbrake like about a 3-4 click of the handle when you pull it to fully activate the handbrake. The C6 Z had that but the tiny rollback. The 13 GT500 I had was good on that front (3-4 click on the handle and car stayed in place on the driveway, same situation with the wife's Mazda).

My daily Suzuki SX4 has stretched handbrake cables so on that car it's more like 6-9 clicks on the brake handle (with it pointing also like 75-80 degrees) before the car would hold on the driveway anything less and the manual trans is actually holding the car (it would slowly roll when I depress clutch pedal to start).

I would like the handbrake on my ZR1 to be adjusted so that it will fully engage and disengage and not move on my inclined driveway.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If you're only talking about less than an inch rollback once your ebrake is engaged, that's probably just the normal dynamics of the car settling in. That's something I wouldn't worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts