Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, before anyone starts . . . yes, we all realize anything posted here is strictly opinion and wild-ass guesses. No one even knows (publicly) WHAT it will be yet, let alone how much.

We get that.

But, in the way of starting what I hope will be some intelligent conversation, what do we think the price point of the C7 should be? Sure, there will be different versions at an escalating scale of costs, that's to be expected. How much will the base coupe cost? The convertible? What would you and I be willing to pay? I know that will depend largely on "what's new", and how much we like what we see. Taking the 2011 MSRP's (I haven't seen the 2012 numbers yet - if anyone has access to them, here would be a good place to post them), what percentage increase would you call reasonable?

·
Super Moderator
10,165 Posts
If the historic pattern of pricing holds true, as contra intuitive as it might seem to be, the final year of a generation tends to experience a price increase (regardless of content or unique models). That way when the higher pricing of the new gen is released, the new pricing is only "slightly higher" than the previous model.

Obviously, my guess is that the price will increase. My complete guess is, less car (a bit smaller, a bit lighter), with more "stuff" (some new high tech features, some new technology), better performance in every category, for a little bit more money (less than 3% more than the last year of the previous Gen).

However, during the year of the previous gen, there will be a price increase of about that same amount, so expect about 5-6% price increase from today's pricing. JMHO.

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
For a multitude of reasons, I imagine the C7 base MSRP would be within close range of the base C6 MSRP.

Of course, the first folks will pay $25,000 over sticker. You watch!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
The 2012 Centennial Edition Corvette Z06, in my opinion looks horrible. I guess cause I'm a female, black on black on black .. oh my a lot of black. Manly yes, I like Bling, Flashy, Eye Catcher, you know .. Girlie things! Chrome, chrome, chrome.

The inside looks just like my 2008 and with the magnetic selective ride control system Now going in the Centennial. Gee .. the inside looks exactly like mine other than color and seats. Now their going to put suede inserts in, to me that will cheapen the seat. Why not make the plastic dash leather? That's my big grip! For the price all Vette should Not have plastic dashboards and other things.

Yes, a fool and their money will soon part.

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
I like the fact that the z51 1lt with NPP exhaust listed at 50 grand...

I also liked the fact my c5 z06 was around the same price.

For me its comfortable. I pay in full at time of delivery and I never have a payment.

I'd like that to continue on the next corvette.

I would like to have a dual clutch or MCT transmission and have a car that performs as well as if not better than my present vette.

zero to 60 in 4.1 seconds. top speed 190mph ... .99 lateral g's on the skidpad.

Beat that...offer up a DSG or MCT trans...and make it sexy looking as hell....and I'll be happy.

100 grand aint gonna happen for me on any car.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Just a gut feeling, no scientific basis for this reply whatsoever:

1st Year Base price: $52,000.00 (and they'll make a big deal about what a great value it is, shitty quality and all)

3rd Year Base Price: $60,000.00 . I don't want that price, trust me I don't , but a $60K base Vette is on it's way people.

:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts