Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend i was invited to the C8 convertible reveal at Kennedy space center. They had a coupe, convertible and the new C8r race car. I was never considering a convertible before I saw the c8. The roof is metal and comes down within 8 seconds. It does this at up to speeds of 30 mph. The C8s are amazing. My only criticism would be the plain-looking engine. I feel they could have done something to spruce up the engine compartment. The valve covers were cheap looking simple covers that were sprayed red. Unless this is per production. The c8 is AWESOME inside. Sitting in it, you feel the quality that u have never felt in a vette before. It does not feel cheap or flimsy. The only downside is that the cockpit is smaller than any of the previous vettes. I am 6-2 and 270 lbs and it was a very tight fit. Not sure this car is for everyone. My C6 fits me great and is MUCH bigger than the c8. I would say it is a little tighter than a C7.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,062 Posts
You are right. Here are the dimensions:

…………………………………….C8...………...C6...………….C7
Front Head Room...…. 37.90 in......37.9 In......37.9 In
Front Leg Room...……. 42.80 in...….43.0 In......43.0 In
Front Shoulder Room..54.40 in......55.2 In......55.2 In
Front Hip Room...……..52.00 in......53.7 In...….53.7 In

·
Registered
223 Posts
I fell in love with the C8 convertible the moment I saw it, the rear deck is a work of art, with the engine vents and the sculpted lines. I tried to change my order from coupe to convertible but the dealer said I would lose my deposit on the coupe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts