Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my upgrades installed on a 01 A4. It dynoed 402 RW. What would that equate to the crank?
By the way, my mods were: H/C, ported and polished T/B and MAF, CAI, LT headers, x-pipe, no cats, BB bullets quad tip, and tunned.
I can now finally call my daily driver a KLRBEE (01 yellow CPE).

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?
Thanx!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Crank HP

I always add 15% to the dyno number for a manual - 17% for auto. In your case that should add approximately 60 HP to your dyno number if its manual and 68 if its auto . I've been told it also depends on the type of dyno used for the reading. Good numbers :cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
You're looking at about 470 at the Crank. 470 minus 15 percent = 400 rwhp.
Sounds sweet Bro :thumbsup:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the replies! Now I need to be able to put it down to the pavement. I tracked it this wknd and could not hook. My best (aweful) 60' was 2.2 and I turned 12.8 @ 111 mph. I'll need to work on my driving skills or spend the $ for some dr's.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
how big of a cam did you go with

·
Registered
217 Posts
There is a formula to calculate HP rorm Flywheel to Rear wheel or vice a versa. I believe you divide your HP by .88 for Auto and .82 for 6 speed.

Here's the formula....

Manual trans divide RWHP by .88

Auto trans divide RWHP by .82

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2000 corvett, my cam is a 212/[email protected], small cam, great mid to high range power. Blown Z, that formula seems a little high to me, I don't know. So you are saying that in my A4 that puts 402 to the wheels, I have 490 to the crank? I was told more like 465-470 to the crank, adding a 15-16 to it. Which one makes more sense?

Thanx!

KLRBEE

·
Registered
217 Posts
That formula is on my dyno sheet form Texas speed. Not sure how accurate it is, it might be accurate for the type of dyno they use?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you get a "Before" dyno run?

If you did, you should try dividing your pre mods dyno'd rwh by the posted hp for the stock engine. I know that there is some variation between each stock engine, but it should give you an idea of % power difference between the crank and rear wheels.

-Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts