Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for you guys, I was minutes from taking the car down from the jack stands after putting on new rotors, pads and powdercoated calipers when I figured I would start it and pump the brakes while it was still in the air...wouldn't you know it. The left front caliper bleed valve stripped the threads on the caliper. So here is my question. Can the threads on the caliper be fixed or am I going to have to buy a new caliper? The caliper is at the dealership now with being looked at. I know this guy and if it can be done he can do it so I'm just wondering what he will say when he looks at it. Thanks for the inputs

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I would imagine it could be fixed but with it being such an important part of the car I think I'd just get another caliper

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
it can be easily repaired. drilled out to a slightly larger size and a heli coil put in. problem solved. just make sure to rebuild the caliper to ensure no metal shavings got into the caliper. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Might be easier yet.."if" they make a oversize/larger bleeder screw. Then just a slightly oversize drill and bigger tap.
Gary

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the inputs guys, i think we may have it fixed so i will let you know what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts