Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the new for '08 "leather wrap" interior option in person?

If so, what did you think? 100% improvement? 50% improvement?

Would you run out to trade your current C6 for an '08 with the upgraded interior?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I love it. I wouldn't trade my '06 in on one though. (I can't afford it. haha)

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts

Would you run out to trade your current C6 for an '08 with the upgraded interior?
never say never, not sure on pricing....but when it comes out - I'd be happy to put a proposal together for you. Nice upgrades form 2006-2008 and it's not just the 4LT.

my picture gallery from the entire bash/press event CLICK HERE

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just on the interior alone: probably not. But with the new interior, the LS3 engine, the improved linkage on the A-6 paddle, the Z-51 coupled with the new factory performance exhaust, Yes , maybe next spring, I only have 500 miles on my 07.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw a car with this interior last Saturday. Don't be fooled by the photos! The leather wrap is HOT! From the pictures I saw on this forum and elsewhere I thought it was going to look a bit awkward, but I was wrong. They only had the ebony/sienna, but I liked it a lot, and would definitely order it if I was planning to replace my 2006. The visible stitching adds a lot of interest to the design, and makes the whole car look nicer.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The upgrades are certainly nice....interior and HP wise...but its not enough for me to jump from an '06 to an '08. I'll wait a few more years for more cosmetic upgrades, unless the new EPA fuel requirements start to bring down HP again, then I'm all over it!

Funny thing is though, just like when the LT-1 got too close to the ZR-1 in HP, now I wonder if the "base" 6.2 liter putting out 436 HP is too close to the Z? What was once a 105hp difference is now only 69 and going up $25K seems a little steeper than it did last year.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Saw them at the Bash. Really like the 2008 console except many people thought the big chrome around the cupholder and shifter was too much bling for a sports car. In a few years the 4LT interior will probably be offered in a solid color; black will look really rich with the nice leather and vinyl. But the 2-tones they are offering for 2008 look cheap and don't flow together well. With the 2008 upgrades, the all black 3LT interior was the nicest one there. Thats what I would order.

·
SinisterC6's Daddy
1,026 Posts
Just on the interior alone: probably not. But with the new interior, the LS3 engine, the improved linkage on the A-6 paddle, the Z-51 coupled with the new factory performance exhaust, Yes , maybe next spring, I only have 500 miles on my 07.
Well, what are you waiting for... Get 'em while they're hot! LOL ;~) I'll wait for the C7 myself.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Very impressed with the new "wrap" interior on the '08 Vette. :thumbsup:

You need to see it in person to fully appreciate the beauty & quality.

I'd rate it an 11, on a 1 to 10 scale. :cheers:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Have not seen it in person, but i believe it is defiantly worth the extra money. Since Corvette has always been pointed out for interior shoddy quality by some publications.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mre interested in the increased HP myself, plus to get that interior you have to buy a bunch of other crap that's going to slow you down (and cost too much) just to get that interior. If I really wanted it, there are people that do a much better job than GM does. I guarantee as soon as it comes out, we'll start seeing all kinds of posts complaining about it.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I seen it at the Bash and I like the design and layout but the colors offered suck IMHO. As stated in a previous post, the colors don't really go well with many of the body colors. The Sienna would look good in the orange and black exterior car colors but the Linen didn't look good in any of the colors they had it in at the bash - again, IMHO. I think if they offered it in the current two tone colors it would be much nicer. My 2 cents

·
Registered
145 Posts
The 4LT looks great but I wouldn't trade my 07 for one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The new '08

Dare I say it?............maybe they found some of the Cadillac's XLR scraps laying around and decided to use them. My '05 will be ready to go when the '08s are ordered. Not the 1st order maybe the last allowance. I want the new engine an a little extra trim stuff. Too bad that blue isn't Carolina Blue. Looks like there are a :thumbsup: lot of combos to go with Arctic White.

See YA,

Walter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts