Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a call from AWESOME72- does anyone have a picture or the service manual they could scan of the REAR cam bearing before the soft plug is installed? He's looking at a gap at the rear of the bearing, and it's been so long I don't recall what it's supposed to look like.

Help is appreciated..

Tim

:cheers:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
How's this one. This is a new rear cam bearing I had a shop install 2 years ago. He installed the plug before I get the block back. The cam wouldn't fit. Once I took the plug out I saw why. He bugged it up installing it, saw it, left it and installed the plug. He also stole my parts and wrecked the 030 over bore, But that's another story. He did pay up in the end after 2 years of going to court.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Gary, Mark is sort of in limbo over in the UK. THings are double (or triple)priced, the machine shops don't want to work on American stuff, and he's trying really hard to get this to come out right. I'll send him the link to this picture so he will be sure and see it..

Thanks again.

Tim

·
Registered
281 Posts
cam bearing install

ty..i have a micrometer..how far back should the cam bearing be from the rear of opening of the journal..i want to make sure it over the oil galley but not too far in .

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's an oil passage in the bearing. Center it over the galley in the block and you're good to go. Dosen't really have to be dead center, just so they are close.

:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts