Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do a head/cam swap in the next few months. I have a set of GMPP CNC'd LS6 (88958622) heads that I picked up a few years ago and would like to use those if I can get a cam that will make good power 400+rwhp and have a nice lope at idle.

The heads I have were shaved .055 as part of the CNC job done by LPE, I think (GMPP 88958622), so I will need a custom Cometics gasket set to compensate (I guess I could just ask Cometic). I don't want to flycut the pistons while in the car and I'm not pulling the motor. What is the minimum thickness that I would need for PTVC and what pushrods for that?

Would I make more power with a different set of heads/cam combo? Save money with it in the long run?

I had thought about the FAST 90/90 but don't want to modify the firewall. I've looked into the FAST 102/102, but people have been saying they aren't worth the $800 for the power that you get. I am thinking of picking up an LS6 manifold and I've seen a 90mm to LS6 throttle body adapter on *bay for $70.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

:cheers:
Ryan

·
Registered
401 Posts
FAST 102 DOES make power and does not mod the firewall. This can go on forever but the whole thing about modding is to make as much power as possible. Ive been hated on regularly for spending the money I did to get where I am but after all I will not accept 2nd place as the new 1st.If you go with the 102 I could make you a killer deal on a Nick Williams DBW 102 T/B and addapter harness to go with you manifold:thumbsup:

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm not an expert by any means; however, from what I've read here in this forum, it seems like an LS3 head/intake combo is the best bang for your buck. Good luck with the upgrades!

Ruben

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input.

Looks like I am going with CNC L92 heads, FAST 102, and LG cam kit.

Ryan

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
what kinda deal on that nick williams 102 tb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FAST 102 DOES make power and does not mod the firewall. This can go on forever but the whole thing about modding is to make as much power as possible. Ive been hated on regularly for spending the money I did to get where I am but after all I will not accept 2nd place as the new 1st.If you go with the 102 I could make you a killer deal on a Nick Williams DBW 102 T/B and addapter harness to go with you manifold:thumbsup:
I'll give you a shout when I'm ready fort the DBW 102 T/B.

Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts