Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am thinking of selling my 2000 camaro its a v6. I am looking at getting a 96 vette. It would be my daily or at least driving it when its too hot or raining like I do the camaro when i can not drive my 75. So should I consider selling it and buying an older vette (96) or just keep it. What are some pros and cons. Thanks

·
Registered
386 Posts
dump that v6!

A c4 can be an awesome daily.. but does the LT1 get the same mpg as L98? I know the TPI is awesome for mpg :cheers:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If i get about 17 in city with an lt1 i will be happy I get about 18-19 with the camaro now, should get better but I live on a mountain and coming up and down that everyday the v6 stays up in the rpms.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i used to have a 98 v6 camaro and the best thing i ever did was sell that poor-mans vette and actually get a vette! my 84 handled better, drove better, outperformed and got better gas milage than the v6 maro ever even thought about.

i say sell it and buy the vette!

·
Registered
386 Posts
from various websites I gather 15/24.. combined 18 for 1996. For me it would be an easy choice.. I'd take the vette... I had a 97z28... and I am in love with my vette even more! Although camaro always has a place in my heart...awwww.... :smack

·
Registered
197 Posts
No offense to camaro owners...I had a 79 Camaro with a relocated 400sbc.

But....

To quote my late teen years in the late 80's....... "camaros are like a$$ holes....everybody's got one". :rolling:

Not everyone has a piece of true history! A vette! :partyon:

Get the vette c4 or c5...just get one!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've got a '94 Vette that I use as my daily driver. I drive 40 miles round-trip a day and the avg mpg is 19.5. I'd take an older Vetter any day over a V6 Camaro, newer or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts