Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a 1987 Vette w/Bose. I was wondering if I could put dual 10's or a single one. What will be my limitations on size? I was also looking to buy a quality subwoofer like a JLAudio with a low thd amp. Any suggestions?:)

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Depends on where you are talking about...you are limited on space in the existing speaker places...custom rear areas are the most common for subs

·
Registered
0 Posts
My friend has 2 10's custom built in the back with a huge amp...it actually looks nice!:) Only drawback is his roof doesnt fit in the back anymore!:(

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Originally posted by 84 GRANDSPORT ...<br>
My friend has 2 10's custom built in the back with a huge amp...it actually looks nice!:) Only drawback is his roof doesnt fit in the back anymore!:(<br>
Or if it did, he'd break it...LOL

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
One of the things on my to-do list in the next few months is to put 2x10 subs in the storage bin area. For security reasons I can not have anything visible.

I haven't messured so I don't know if they will even fit.

Its all in the air.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I am going to be doing the same thing. a single 10" will fit in each one. I was thinking a 10" sub in the passenger, an amp flushed in the driver. Haven't finalized my decision yet, but I really like how that will look. I have a 12" in my basement that is just begging to be used in something....... Not so sure that will fit though. 1.25 cubic feet sounds like a little much for that storage bin :(

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I had two in a custom box in the back and the top still fit in there. I'm working on raising the rear floor to hold both with the help of the storage bins.

·
Registered
445 Posts
For the small space inside the car I dont think you'd want anything more than a good 10" sub with a punchy amp. Anythin gmore would just be overkill plus you wont have any room to do anything. ust my opinion from installing car stereos and such for quite a while.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts