Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
I don't see why not as long as you know what to do. I don't know much about porting the heads so I didn't do mine but polishing them should be a piece of cake for anyone as long as you have the right tools.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I know that summit sells a porting/polishing kit

I don't know much on porting but I do think I remember somthing that you want to take off more from the bottem of the ports than the top....so your air gets a more strait line shot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Where would I get this?
I knew you were going to make me dig this out! I have to go through boxes & boxes HOPE it's on top. I'll get back soon going down:(Ok that's not going to happen.) Just looked to much to go through. There are 2 books that GM put's out one is a part ID. book with casting # ser.# casting marks, stamping # and marks. Very helpful when looking at a head,crank,block ect. the other is a performance mod. book ie: cross drilling cranks & how to lead in porting and very spec. dia. & mesurements as to how much mat. can be removed, flow rates, chamber work etc. I have'nt used these books in about 15 yrs. ( I do miss them) just to hard to dig out. the last time I remember using them was ( let's see I shattered my ankle in a race in '90) then. they were out of date then and I was going to get new ones but never did. Back to the point go to your nearest chev. dealer (that has a GOOD parts dept.) and that deals with HP patrs and buy them! I "think" I paid $100. for the pair. These book's are great Chris.

·
Registered
74 Posts
That Std Abrasives site is a good one; Summit Racing has their video for around $15.

You might find some useful info in the reference I just put up by David Vizard. Though it applies a lot to the L98 #113 castings it has some valuable insights.

BTW, I too would be interested in that GM book.

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
65Z01 said:
That Std Abrasives site is a good one; Summit Racing has their video for around $15.

You might find some useful info in the reference I just put up by David Vizard. Though it applies a lot to the L98 #113 castings it has some valuable insights.

BTW, I too would be interested in that GM book.
I read your reviews! I think I have some books to get... and some stuff to read....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts