Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do power can be made on a stock Z06 with only tuning?
Do anybody have experience with haltech or the like that tune stock engine for maximum efficiency for about 1000$; worth it?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I got a tune on my stock 02 Z06 last year and picked up 17RWHP.

You get to pick up power, but also get to adjust and tune out the stuff you don't want. I'm not sure what things come with the C6 Z, but I had a few things that I didn't like on mine. The Shift points had to be adjusted to better fit the power band. The 1-4 skip shift removed. The thing that cuts power when you hit it real hard.

Personally I think a tune is well worth the money. A thousand is pretty high up there though. I got my tune for $500 initially and $250 every one after that.

Josh

·
Registered
448 Posts
Get a Diablo Predator tuner and do it yourself. Real easy, takes about 5 minutes. They have a base tune thats conservative that yields 15-20 horsepower. When you figure out what you are doing you can modify it and get a little more by leaning out the a/f . It cost around 300.00 and you can go back to your stock tune anytime you want too. Not as good as a pro tune, but a good bang for the buck and they have great customer service!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Put it on a dyno and spend about 600 bucks. Well worth it.
Do power can be made on a stock Z06 with only tuning?
Do anybody have experience with haltech or the like that tune stock engine for maximum efficiency for about 1000$; worth it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine made 474rwhp tune only
incredible!!!So youre saying basically that with a tune 30whp is possible...that equals to quarter mile in the 10'S @ 130mph with only tune and drag radials...wow...:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :rolling: :partyon:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Should run low 11's with street tire with good driver :thumbsup:
incredible!!!So youre saying basically that with a tune 30whp is possible...that equals to quarter mile in the 10'S @ 130mph with only tune and drag radials...wow...:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :rolling: :partyon:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts