Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had those tail light louvers on my ride and removed them.
The screws that held them on were nothing more then #8 Chromed wood screws. I had a friend give me 5 OEM tail light screws so i needed to order 3 more.
The ones given to me were Torx head screws.

I ordered 3 screws, Pn# 20374961 which is what is called for and I got 3 screws with Phillips head. :thud:
I know its a minor issue but.........
So which is correct ? Torx or Phillips ?
Putting my money on Torx !

And if it is Torx, anyone got an extra 3 of them lying around ?

..Lou

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Mine are Torx... '02.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
imo go get yourself some stainless steel ones instead :partyon:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys,
I kinda figured Torx was the right one :thumbsup:

Now all I gotta do is find 3 more Torx Screws :rolling:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Maybe it is the ultra rare Phillips screw/taillight option. :laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Mine were Torx, but I replaced them with security screws and black plastic covers when I added my Halos.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine were Torx, but I replaced them with security screws and black plastic covers when I added my Halos.

Hmmm, You wouldn't happen to have to originals would you and would you be will to part with them ?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Hmmm, You wouldn't happen to have to originals would you and would you be will to part with them ?
I probably do, but finding them may be another story (been a few years). I would think what you are looking for would be easy to find at a local ACE Hardware store? That is where I bought my security replacements and covers.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Choreo, those look great !

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I probably do, but finding them may be another story (been a few years). I would think what you are looking for would be easy to find at a local ACE Hardware store? That is where I bought my security replacements and covers.
Been there done that........I even went as far as searching the net for Torx screws..Plenty out there but not i the right configuration.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts