Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my December issue of Carcraft and couldn't believe what was on the cover "can they out law street machines". When does this liberal B.S. come to an end? The magazine gives a website to join to fight it carinitiative.com as a place to sign up to fight it. They blame california and new york two a**hole states as the starting point for the legistration,(I myself being from ny and employed as a auto tech) just can't stand it any more. It's allright to build a Mosque next to ground zero,but don;t drive your big block camaro down the street. When are we going to say enough is enough! F**k CAli and N** Y***k.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
You are (by far) not alone, and the tree hugging, Prius driving egg suckers will not succeed.

Car builders -> :nuts: <- tree-hugging, egg-suckers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You I don't rely post that much, but was so furstrated today when I came home from work and took my new issue of carcraft out of the mailbox. If it isn't my legal guns that I'm being attacked for, now it's my hotrod! Maybe some of these politicans should start to look at illegals!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
How does carcraft define a "street machine"?

Is a corvette a street machine? What about an antique vehicle? All current laws state that if a car meets standards for the year it was built it is legal regardless of current standards. They could never require a c1 meet current crash safety standards etc.

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
We have to show the incumbents that we mean business on election day. Boot them all out and maybe the next elected will pay attention to us.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Yeah!!!:partyon: F***k those Californian Root Hugging Smog Sucking Car Registration Rate Hikers. :thumbsup:

And Arnold does Skeletor!!!

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
I can't imagine an America without Hot Rods, sports cars, and antiques. The car hobby itself is as American as Apple Pie and baseball.

I don't see that ever getting passed, too many car lovers out there.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I can't imagine an America without Hot Rods, sports cars, and antiques. The car hobby itself is as American as Apple Pie and baseball.

I don't see that ever getting passed, too many car lovers out there.:thumbsup:
In California some counties have passed regulation that allow your car to be confiscated and crushed if is is "deemed" to have been modified for street racing.

No traffic offense or court appearance. Just confiscate and crush.

:cheers:

·
Registered
12,410 Posts
In California some counties have passed regulation that allow your car to be confiscated and crushed if is is "deemed" to have been modified for street racing.

No traffic offense or court appearance. Just confiscate and crush.

:cheers:
:agree:
Street racing is a real problem. Lot's of young and innocent lives destroyed by it. Instead of shutting the tracks down they should sanction them and provide a safer way to engage the practice.

It's too bad they've chosen this route. I wouldn't live there, but that thinking is spreading.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Don't y'all think you should have learned something
lately.
They (The President, Congress and State Legislators)
can do pretty much anything they want and we can't and won't do a damn thing about it.

They've given SS to people who have never put in a dime,
or worked for it.

They've given out welfare, free medical care, school lunches and breakfasts, and food stamps.

They've taken away the COLA raise from SS qualified
people for two years now, and were left to suck on it.

They've voted to and are using SS monies for things
that it was not meant for. What are younger and future retirees going to do when there is none left?

They're going to ram this new Health Care Bill down
our throats and its going to cost both employers and
employees more out of pocket monies.

All the companies who got rich taking your money from
your stocks since 08, haven't given you back one red
cent and the government isn't doing a thing about it,
and doesn't give a ****.

Worst of all, Osama Bin Laden, that ******** SOB is still
on the loose and planning to KILL you when he gets the
chance.

The 9/11 victims are still unavenged and its been nine (9)
years. We have friends who lost a newly married daughter
and all they got back was a body part. We have another friend who lost her husband and her daughter, and she didn't even get that. You think the Government cares?

If everybody doesn't get off their asses and vote out the
incumbents in November, then all hope is gone for this country. The only reason any of these politicians want
to serve is for the money. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Just listen to their campaign ads, how they lie and distort the truth.

Even though we may vote out the bad Dems or Pubs, you're only going to vote in another criminal. I think the
phrase is, "pick your poison". Get out and vote........

·
Registered
816 Posts
I was just at the magazine stand yesterday and seen 7 magazines with the same issue on the cover, ranging from muscle cars to performance diesels to offroad magazines. Rediculous.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Urban legend.
The car has to be involved, caught in a street race.
Thank Fast and Furious for a lot of deaths on the street.
Other confiscations have to deal with driving a car with no license.
A convicted underage DUI driver can also have the car confiscated at the discretion of the jury. Usually a repeat offence.
Taking your car when you were picking up a hooker has been thrown out by the courts.
A lot of illegal aliens do not have a license or insurance in SOCAL. Many serious accidents have the perpetrators running from the scene.
Taking their cars away keeps the drunk illegal aliens off the street for a while at least.:surprised

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
...well, I for one like Trees, once an awhile I might hug one
they produce Oxygen and I like Oxygen, it helps keeps me going...:laughing:

....but **** all that other **** their trying to shove down our throats....:nuts:

...oh, and I like eggs too....:partyon:

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Urban legend.
The car has to be involved, caught in a street race.
Thank Fast and Furious for a lot of deaths on the street.
Other confiscations have to deal with driving a car with no license.
A convicted underage DUI driver can also have the car confiscated at the discretion of the jury. Usually a repeat offence.
Taking your car when you were picking up a hooker has been thrown out by the courts.
A lot of illegal aliens do not have a license or insurance in SOCAL. Many serious accidents have the perpetrators running from the scene.
Taking their cars away keeps the drunk illegal aliens off the street for a while at least.:surprised
San Diego county has crushed cars for EPA violations if the violation is a modification deemed to be for racing.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
:laughing:The Movie Fast And Furious

Did Alot of Damage to the street scene in California

It taught people how to Road Race on Public Highways

You don't road race on public Highways

I swear to Christ the couple people I have taken out Just keep on going, Even after they have already Lost :laughing:

They don't let off I think till they hit the Mexico :laughing:

I could tell some scary storys about some of these New Breed of people running the streets but tah

I think I won't

I won't even race them anymore

Because they'll take themselves out :laughing:

In anycase this Movie Killed it for us locals that were having a good time :nuts:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts