Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

CAN AM CARAVAN! October 4-5, 2003

VIDEO from last year: http://www.canamcaravan.com/canamcaravan.mpeg (slow loading, save to your hard disk first!!!)

Seriously, if you are a pussy.... stop reading!

I went on the CanAm caravan last year with ZR_Don, and... it was a "come to Jesus" experience.

The conclusion after 2 days of driving some of the top-10 greatest roads in America? How about one TOTALLED C5 convertible that lost control on a curve and went into the trees? One C5 with a toast engine? One C3 that boiled over?

How about hitting 110 in 45 zones, then taking 25mph turns at 60mph while drifting?

How about watching a bunch of Corvettes doing 80mph with brakes to the floor after coming over a crest and seeing.... a stop sign?

How about launching your car (all 4 tires) two times with folks behind you seeing all the sparks (and leaving permanent grooves in your wheel wells)?

This is driving, baby. It seperates the big dogs from the puppies. (Ok, maybe insane people vs. sane).

From their website....

"get nothing more than a T-shirt, bald tires, smoking brakes and one of the greatest times you've had all summer."

"Over the weekend you will be driving on many roads that have been named some of Car & Driver's 10 best. It's a challenging 2 days but if you love driving you will have a fantastic time. Just ask anyone who has participated in the previous events. Unfortunately if there is rain in the forecast we'll be forced to cancel the event. It's just too dangerous."

learn more at http://www.canamcaravan.com

I'll be there!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I wanted to join you guys sooooooo bad last year!! :(

And I'll be in Vegas for this years run.

·
Official Forklift Driver
7,068 Posts
YIKES!!:surprised I don't think my single piston calipers can handle that kind of driving. I have a hard enough time with regular street driving. :(

I bet them folks in the white car **** themselves! :laughing:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Awesome video. Yep them folks in the white car must have thought what the hell is going on. :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts

"get nothing more than a T-shirt, bald tires, smoking brakes and one of the greatest times you've had all summer." [/B]

:laughing: thats the way it should be.most people that enter something like that,drive like that all the time:laughing: i wouldn't know anyone like that :lookinup:

oh ya,killer video,those c5s flyin thru the wet corners obviously don't have run-flats;)

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Can you handle the most brutal Corvette road tour ever?!

hawaii-5-lo said:
:laughing: thats the way it should be.most people that enter something like that,drive like that all the time:laughing: i wouldn't know anyone like that :lookinup:
:laughing:

I do recall we did 500+ miles of these roads over 2 days. It's certainly something I will never forget in my lifetime.

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
so i'm thinking that if BLM goes with you guys,he would have to keep a low profile.:smokin:
i guess he could say he was in pursuit:D

·
Registered
218 Posts
Definitely some GREAT roads!!!!

You can go as fast as you have the nerve to go. I would NOT recommend bringing a passenger on this trip, unless you have barf bags in the car.

FRS radios are a must have. A camera mount can be fun to, but you will NEED both hands on the wheel and you must pay attention to the roads.

Just think of it as a 5 hour roller coaster ride with a bar and cold drinks at the end!
:partyon:

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
hey Patrick,was that you in the G.S. on the highway fly-by?

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
:thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts