Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday I had the opportunity to drive 120 miles round trip with all but 10 miles being on major interstates (2 - 6 lanes) and NO traffic lights. On the way to my destination, I ran into the dynamic duo - a modded, black Z06 and a white ZR1, apparently stock. Had some fun darting through traffic and, when traffic cleared, we went three abreast for rolls starting at 50. We did it several times with the same results each time. Neither car had much for me - I pulled many car lengths on each (I have 200 more whp than either of the other two cars). They both fought each other for second place. I, for one, would have thought the ZR1 would have been more of a challenge. The Z06 put up a better fight. After eating two of our own, I arrived at the destination. My car had a belly full of Chevy.

On the return trip, I had the pleasure of going WOT from 50 mph along side my parents in their car (them 69 and 65, me 40, Dad's a car guy). Nothing like watching my mother literally jump up in her seat when I nailed it - I ran it to 100 (all of 3rd gear, part of fourth due to 4.10's) and let out. Dad was pleased, Mom - not so pleased. After leaving the family behind, I happened upon a modded Subie WRX (the hatchback variety). He met the same fate as the other two challengers.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Sounds like a full course meal... Did you have it with a side of fava beans? (Hanibal Lecter reference)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
.........I ran into the dynamic duo - a modded, black Z06 and a white ZR1, apparently stock.
.........My car had a belly full of Chevy.
.........Dad was pleased, Mom - not so pleased.
A+:rolling::devil::thumbsup:Good story:thumbsup::devil::rolling:A+
Reading this provided my 7th grader this morning, the outline for his English homework due tomorrow. I'll let you know what kind of grade he gets.:laughing:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I"ll add one to the "Cannibalism Thread"
This is to the driver of that BLUE C6 that left my wife and me tasting your tires doing 70+ on the I-90 near Syracuse, NY. “YOUR CAR IS FREAKING AWESOME”. I haven’t seen a burn out like that at 70 MPH in a long time. THANKS!! My wife was (and still is) cursing you out dude. (LMAO) But It was worth the little specks of rubber I have on the vette.
So, how many of you try to embarrass other vette owners too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts