Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nice deep scratches too:bang put a bunch of swirl patterns on my back decklid and top of rear bumper... i didnt see who did it but filed a police report...i dont even want to think of what id have done to em if id have seen it happen...

i cant believe people though... work so hard for something and some insignificant weasel can ruin it in a blink of an eye... i'll post up pics tomorrow... guess i just needed to vent:(:(

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Wow that sucks. :bang :down:
That's among the reasons why I almost never take my Vette out unless I'm going to be near it the entire time while it's parked and/or storing it in a secured place surrounded only by people I trust while it's away from my garage.
It's a semi limiting way to enjoy the vehicle but it's worth it as I really don't like leaving my cars at body shops.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Man that really sucks. Envy of you working hard to get something nice. Same here if I caught someone doing this to my car. Guess I would be the one going to jail.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
WOW!!! Sorry to hear about this happening to anyone.

If I caught the person in the act, I'm sure I would use my last breath to chase them down, and put them in the ER.

I hope you can get everything fixed up as good as new, and as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my 1996 vett. It still had the paper plates on it and was keyed down driver side and back.
Body shop fixed it to look like new.
It realy sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As others have said. It is probobly good that you did not catch them. You would be the one in jail. I know I would have put the guy that did mine in ER for a few week:nuts:s.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Yeah there are few Losers in our society :crazy:

I was in one of the Lamborghini Forums several months back

And this happens often to Lamborghini owners

I just don't get it

Sorry, About your loss

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Sorry to hear about that man, and I hope insurance will cover it, but I too have to sit here and vent on how much some people can just piss the hell out me:devil: I honestly don't know what I would do if I caught somone in the act of terrorizing my Vette... But sorry to get off topic, I hope it gets fixed up for you, and keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
nice deep scratches too:bang put a bunch of swirl patterns on my back decklid and top of rear bumper... i didnt see who did it but filed a police report...i dont even want to think of what id have done to em if id have seen it happen...

i cant believe people though... work so hard for something and some insignificant weasel can ruin it in a blink of an eye... i'll post up pics tomorrow... guess i just needed to vent:(:(
Sorry to hear what happen to you but in most cases its always someone who had a beef with you,:WTFa person who are scared to face you like a man, a chicken, like an ex=girlfriend/boyfriend or your girl friend"s next boy friend, it could also be your girl friend"s ex- boyfriend.
Anyhow, hope it work out for you in a good way and its not a regular issue in the future with an envy moran.:cheers:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. People just have no idea how much misery they are causing with their one minute of fun or whatever it is that makes them do this. About a year ago there was a local news story about a guy with a new Hummer who got keyed. It so happened he had just had a full-time security camera installed that showed both sides of his car from the mirrors while it was parked. The guy who did it was in his 60's or 70's. When the picture was published, lots of people knew who he was. Turned out he was out of work and took out his frustration on someone he deemed to have too much. Hope they get you fixed better than it was. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Sorry to hear of another "haters" story. Usually it's some jealous lowlife who feels that by damaging someone else's property, he is getting even for his pathetic life. :lookinup:

Believe me when I say that you are better off not catching them in the act. I'm sure we would all share the same gut response, however you could lose more than your Corvette.

I had a friend in high school whose father caught some young punks in the act of vandalizing his custom 1969 Camaro and he literally, beat the #&@* out of one of them. The next day, cops showed up at his door as the punk was less than a month shy of turning 18. The parents of this "child" pressed charges and my friend's dad was arrested and it eventually cost them some serious $$$ in legal fees, etc. I remember he told his son (my friend) at the time that he thought the punk he beat up was at least 25. :surprised

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Tough break. Sorry for your loss. Unfortunately

some people out there just don't give a **** about

other peoples property.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts