Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have found two that I like. Ill give you a description/pic of them both. I cant decide!

#1:
1986 C4, auto, $7.5k, $10k in mods/improvements
Rebuilt 30 over 4 bolt main.Roler rocker, all high performance rebuild. Engine has about 45k on it Odometer or original car and trans. mileage is 84k.

It gets 24 mpg.

I have replaced, Digital dash rebuilt by caton Electronics on rolling rd. Rear end universals all. Rear fiberglass spring.rear trailing arms. All shocks Comes w/blistiens also All new exaust+straight thrupipes. Chip is out of car for gas milage.

Car has verious switches under dash. Has 3 cooling fan positions plus the stock auto settings i.e. push and pull fan. Next to that is a converter lockup inhibitor. Turns car into a drag monster. as aposed to the gas saving stock gearing. All new west coast body kit. New head light ass. motors updated to 91 and up version from corvette central.

I have all titles from when new owned by 2 brothers since 1988.new plugs spitfire wires dist,rotor .Mass airflow updated to high Prof version more dependable granelli edition,K&n filter open face cover. over 400 HP, and that is conservative good shape.car needs new rubber around side windows.All new switches doors windows.Both window motor tracks replaced these are plastic and go eventually in all 80s and 90s cars. New tires

#2 1975, manual, 94 LT1 V8 motor $7,200k (negotiable)

- been re painted canary yellow with pearl (some chips)
- 4Spd
- has 94 lt 1 fuel injected engine and fuel system 365 horse stock
- Front unileaf suspension and new rear leaf springs, and new sway bar
- t-tops
- black factory interior with custom made speaker box that sits behind seats where the battery box and storage area was
- have 4 rally rims and chrome rings and center caps. (on car now are old school american racing rims w/alumin charcoal centers with polished alumin out sides five spokes mag. with new bf good rich tires

Good Shape, Needs paint, but body is good.
Yellow Pearl with Black Interior

I NEED HELP! I cant decide. This will be a daily. I do prefer a manual but there is some somewhat heavy traffic around here so an auto wouldnt be bad. What kind of trouble would ot be to swap in a tremec t56 or something like that in? I could take or leave the greenwood kit but I could always take it off right? I guess its sort of a decision between super performance and good looks or good performance and super looks.

Pics

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/2348304e.jpg
http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/2348304i.jpg

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'd go with the '75, because I like the looks better, but that's just a matter of taste.. Pick the car YOU like best, not the car 'we' (people on DC) like best...:thumbsup: Good luck!

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
FReaKyJeRoeN said:
I'd go with the '75, because I like the looks better, but that's just a matter of taste.. Pick the car YOU like best, not the car 'we' (people on DC) like best...:thumbsup: Good luck!
:agree: But since you asked...I'd "probably go with the later C4. I love the looks of the C3, but that paint looks like some combination of "piss yeller and puke green" (American Grafitti).
It also seems to be in rougher condition than the other for a similar price?

That C4 just looks badassed!

If the engine is tight then it may be a better deal. Remember though, modified engines generally require a little additional upkeep for a DD.

How much "daily driving" do you do? Distance and traffic? I drive mine sometimes 100+ miles a day. Some simply drive them to the office a few miles away and park until lunch or the end of the day.

If it's the latter, a little traffic with a stick is simply a little inconvenience:) IF your there for an hour or more, it's a major PITA!

The conversion, depending on how much work you can do yourself and where you get the parts, can be fairly pricey (1500.00 on up).

·
Certified Stalker
4,077 Posts
I'd go with the C4. That C3 looks like it still needs some work in the engine bay (check out the air filter...) Also, that C4 is going to turn quite a bit better than the C3 will.

just my $.02
Henry

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Im with you guys. My daily commute is probably 30 miles to and from so no big deal. And alot of the time when your in traffic is down hill so putting it in N wouldnt be impossible. I figured it would cost that much to do auto to manual conversion. But the car also has alot on it that I would already do. Totalling WELL over $1500. I could do it in time. The rest of the care doesnt need attention anyway.

Does anyone know if those greenwood spoilers are easy to take off?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I'd go with the C4 myself... just MHO!

BTW, what the heck is up with your avatar???? That's not any vette' I remember...

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
The wings come right off. There will be holes that need to be dealt with though. You really need to think that through though. IMO with a ground effects kit the car looks incomplete with out the wing.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hahaha. Well its got the heart of a lion. It feels like one too. But believe me I know its no vette.

Im just not a big fan of the greenwood for some reasion. I figured there would be holes. I know they make plugs I could use till I ad them filled. I could see how it looked with out the spoiler and decide if I wanted to take the rest off if I can. Can I? Can any part of the kit be removed easily? They are well over $1k new and that was just put on. I imagine that would be a few payments (or maybe a half tank of gas hahaha!). Id decide after seeing it in person of course. Later on Id probably put this on it later on: http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=3.41.781 Otherwise its fine I think. Id have keep looking at whats out. Maybe consider some sidepipes.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Even though it sounds like you;ve already decided, I'm going to dissent and suggest the C3. As much As i like the C4, the C3 is a sexier car for my money. Plus, I would enjoy turning it into what I want instead of what it already is. Just work the price down a little. But one way or another, give us pics after you decide.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
SCharger said:
Even though it sounds like you;ve already decided, I'm going to dissent and suggest the C3. As much As i like the C4, the C3 is a sexier car for my money. Plus, I would enjoy turning it into what I want instead of what it already is. Just work the price down a little. But one way or another, give us pics after you decide.
:agree:

And have the seller throw in the lift!

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmmm. Well Id sell the GTO but it is probably resting in a field with a bunch of other poor cars. Im not decided quite yet. The C3 is in NY and about 6-7 hour drive away. They said they could deliver it in an enclosed trailer for $200 plus the price of gas. I just hate to buy a car sight unseen. And the price of the car is negotiable. I can always turn the C4 into what I want. No reasion why not. It just happens to be already pretty heavily modded. Sure the C3 is a bit sexier but that C4 is pretty evil looking.

·
Registered
486 Posts
SCharger said:
:agree: The curves of a C3 are like the curves of a beautifully shaped woman. :D Nothing beats the curves of a: #1 woman and #2 C3. Which ever way you go, I'm sure you will enjoy!

·
DC Crew
12,250 Posts
I would go with the C3. I am a died in the wool C3 nut, but that could be a really bad ass shark. I think you will see more return on your money as well. You have a foundation to create a car which reflects you, and have a screamer as well.

Just my .02

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same dilemma years ago when I got my vet (C3 vs C4). I finely decided on a C3 and the longer I have it the more I am glad I chose the C3. It just seems like a much cooler car then a C4. I have a very good friend with a C4 and when we are out together with out vets mine gets most of the attentions/questions from other people, it’s like his is just another normal car and people don’t notice it. That is a fun part of owning and driving an older Corvette. :thumbsup:

Jim

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,440 Posts
C3 IMHO. A C3 will always get double takes

1 - 20 of 32 Posts