Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 07 C6 / A6 Coupe and can't decide between the B & B Route 66 System and the SLP Loudmouth II.

I have heard these systems on their websites, but that doesn't give me
any 'realworld' experience.

I don't want to have problems with alot of drone, while some would be
acceptable.

Has anyone had a good experience with any of these 2 exhausts?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm not a big SLP guy, but seems the loudmouth has been derided for drone. I could be smoking crack, but I think your comparison between the Rt 66 and SLP system is like being stuck between choosing a Z06 or a Mercedes SL55. (Not similar.) A closer choice I think would be the BB Bullets or the Loudmouth. Rt 66 is the toned down Bullets, I think. Get Corsa if you want quiet cruise w/ no drone. My Sports w/ Kooks LTs will make your teeth fall out if I pass you hard on the gas; plenty loud enough.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I also have an 06 A6 and am trying to decide on an exhaust system. Previously I had BB Bullets on a C5 I had ( was very happy with them :partyon: ), but I am being told that for the LS2 that I should have some more restriction for peak performance. I have also seen mentioned on another forum about a new Corsa Extreme exhaust, but can't find any info on their web site about it. They also state that the Corsa's on the C6 sound too tinny, not the deep tone that is present on the C5 systems.

I hate to spend over a grand on something and not be happy with it. Any other owners have any input. What do you have and would you buy the same system again?

Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've had alot of catbacks on my C6s.

I had B&B Bullets (too loud and droned horribly)

Corsa Sports #14169 (nice throaty sound, no drone, but too quiet, I had to turn down the radio to hear them at all)

I currently have two C6s

Magnaflow #15884 (deep sound, no drone, but too quiet)

Borla Stingers #11744 (deep, throaty, great sound, no drone)

By far the Borla Stingers are the best sounding C6 exhaust, no doubt.

I actually was going to sell my Magnaflws and install the Borlas on my 2005 Vert, but I let my father use that car 99.9% of the time and he says it runs fine, is loud enough for him and my mother, so if it ain't broke don't fix it.
But, he likes the Borlas better also, he is just afraid they will be too aggressive for my mother.

The Borlas with the top up are very civil and fairly quiet, but with the top down they are much louder than the Magnaflows.
With the top down you are hearing what people outside hear and it is wonderful and evil at the same time:thumbsup:

BTW, I currently have a manual Vert and a A4/3.15 automatic Vert.
I've also had a manual coupe and the A6 auto tranny coupe.

Don't buy an A6 specific exhaust with resonators, it just quiets it down too much IMHO. Buy the axle back only systems, they fit autos and manuals.

Howard

·
Registered
546 Posts
yell03 - yes i agree with most of what you said ...i guess it depends on what the persons future mods are...as for my opinion, it doesnt get any better than the corsa sport for longtubes and a cam

Corsa Sport

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree, if doing headers Corsa Sports are a great choice.

I had that set-up on my previous 2006 Coupe.:thumbsup:

Howard

·
Registered
565 Posts
Love the Bullets on my M-6, but some think they're too loud...to me, they sound like napalm in the morning smells..:partyon: On the Auto, many think they drone, and it is more likely with the slushbox. Loudmouths are as loud as Bullets, just as susceptable to drone, I would guess. I had them on my 2000 WS6 T/A and liked them, but they were nowhere as tuned sounding as the Bullets--that was an A-4, btw. You have to hear exhausts in person to really make your own call. :D

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
WE just put a set of Kooks and Corsa sports on a tuned A6 and not only did it sound great it was f'ing awesome . . . we did it today.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Magnaflow too and love it, my brother got his used from craigslist but I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. or you can try one of the sponsors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.