Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
took me about 5 mins to pop the hood on mine with the tool the 1st time, i still have to use it to open it, i havent gotten around 2 changing the cable.... but now it takes me all of about 10 secs to pop it

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ill try to take pics 2marrow and see if that helps ya :thumbsup:
would have done it sooner... but i forgot about this thread untill i just saw it just now...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
took some pics 2day ill put them up later on kinda busy right now:)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
sry i havent posted any pics yet.... i just now had time to upload them, they are waiting approval, when they get approved ill post them and give explanations of the process

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

this was supposed 2 show where i push it threw the hood, but my phone doesnt have a flash on the camera, maybe someone can try brighten it up??

this is about where it is supposed 2 be and you are supposed 2 twist it there and it is supposed 2 pop but...

i have to push it to there, past the latch, and turn it counterclock wise, so the hand is standing up instead of pointing down, but kinda angled towards the inside of the car

with the handle up just pull it back to where the tape lines up like this, on my car, i can feel it if i pull it to far or not enough, when im beside the latch the tool gets kinda tight felling and i kinda have 2 force it beside the tool

then just give it a lil turn clockwise and it should pop up, sometimes mine pops up alot, sometimes it doesnt move up but a tad, either way i just pull the hood up

another shot of how it should line up

this is what you are trying to accieve

another pic, with the hood up, just so you can see what you are messing with

and yes all those scratches are from me using the tool... :laughing:
the side of the hood has some too

Hope i helped :) Sry it took so long ive been busy...... :buhbye:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
the bolts on the inside of the wheelwell by the battery, on my 86, are torqz head (spelling? :bang ), i have a set i use with my ratchet, i just turn the wheel so i can get room, take the bolts out, then theres a couple more you gotta get with the hood up from the top... i think 10mm?
glad to hear the pics helped out :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts