Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Chad072 said:
After you get it open, the instructions make sense. It's easier to piss off a monk than understand the diagram that comes with it. Basically, the hood opens when the cables pull the release mechanism toward the opposite side of the car (drivers release gets pulled toward the passenger side, vice versa). The tool pushes the mechanism so the latch will open. I put the tool it with the end facing up, then pulled the tool toward me while rotating it clockwise. Once I got the black tape aligned with the weatherstripping, I started to turn the tool counter clockwise. I'm going to practice some more tomorrow and I may get some pics as well.
Sure wish he'd got around to those pics......
I'm having the same prob with my '84, but it's the passenger side...
I have the tool, but no instructions {$20.00.....Go ebay! lol}.....and it's too early for a beer.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm about at the hood pin point myself!:bang
I've tried everything I can think of, including pulling on the cable w/channel-locks, etc. About the only thing I have left to try is jacking the car up to different points and seeing if the flex will help.:huh:
I think I'm going to go with external catch-latches {like on GrandAm cars} if/when I ever get the damn thing open. I'll keep the stock driver's side for security {and because I can get the tool to work on that side...}

Now.....if I can just avoid the temptation to grab the sawzall or keyhole saw...:crazy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts