Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried for about an hour trying to get this tool to open the hood. I've searched on here for tips, but none that have helped. Does anybody have any pics or better tips that I could use? The passenger side will open and I pull the hood open to see what I may be looking at on the drivers side, but I can't get it to work.:bang :bang

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got it. I stayed away from it for a while, calmed down and drank a beer. Went back out there and popped it in about 5 minutes. :cheers: Hopefully it will get easier because I now know what exactly I'm looking at and how the tool works.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After you get it open, the instructions make sense. It's easier to piss off a monk than understand the diagram that comes with it. Basically, the hood opens when the cables pull the release mechanism toward the opposite side of the car (drivers release gets pulled toward the passenger side, vice versa). The tool pushes the mechanism so the latch will open. I put the tool it with the end facing up, then pulled the tool toward me while rotating it clockwise. Once I got the black tape aligned with the weatherstripping, I started to turn the tool counter clockwise. I'm going to practice some more tomorrow and I may get some pics as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts