Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dinking around for at least an hour and cannot get my 2006 Z06 remote programed to open/close my garage door. I've followed the instructions both with rolling codes (for door opener) and without rolling codes. I have an older Lift Master (Sears) around 1993 door opener. Any suggestions?

I've tried programming with the hand held remote and from the garage door motor's "smart" programming button - can't get anything to work!

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
Isolate other signals like wireless phones, radio, TV, wireless routers etc. and try again:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
:agree:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do you have the 3 buttons in the visor? If so, follow the procedure but make sure the car is in accessory mode, not running. Also, perform the programming sequence inside your garage. Does that work for you now?
Steve

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have the 3 buttons in the visor? If so, follow the procedure but make sure the car is in accessory mode, not running. Also, perform the programming sequence inside your garage. Does that work for you now?
Steve
Yes I have the 3 button visor. I have tried it as you stated a few times. I just tried again with the same result - no luck. After about 1+ minutes the visor button times out before the code registers from the garage door handheld opener.

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
as one of the kids they usually know how to do that stuff:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi all,
I had similar problems programming mine in May when I got my 07 C6. The system is manufactured by Lear. If anyone needs help with the remote garage door transmitter in the Corvette, contact Lear Car2U at:
Lear Car2U Customer Service Center
www.learcar2u.com
[email protected]
866-572-2728

They were VERY helpful. The information and procedure in the Corvette users manual isn't very clear. The biggest things they pointed out were:
1) Do the programming with the car in Accessory mode and NOT with the engine running.
2) Do the programming in the garage and not outside.
3) If you have a system were your original transmitters have buttons labeled LEFT and RIGHT, you need to program the second button in the car (the one that controls the other door) as if DIP switch #1 had a different setting for the other garage.

If you need clarification, contact Lear directly.

I originally thought I needed a conversion module. But I didn't after all.
They called me on the phone and emailed me very detailed instructions. I'm very pleased.

Just thought I should let you all know.
Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all,
I had similar problems programming mine in May when I got my 07 C6. The system is manufactured by Lear. If anyone needs help with the remote garage door transmitter in the Corvette, contact Lear Car2U at:
Lear Car2U Customer Service Center
www.learcar2u.com
[email protected]
866-572-2728

They were VERY helpful. The information and procedure in the Corvette users manual isn't very clear.

If you need clarification, contact Lear directly.

I originally thought I needed a conversion module. But I didn't after all.
They called me on the phone and emailed me very detailed instructions. I'm very pleased.

Just thought I should let you all know.
Steve
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve, thank you very much for providing this information.

Peter

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've been dinking around for at least an hour and cannot get my 2006 Z06 remote programed to open/close my garage door. I've followed the instructions both with rolling codes (for door opener) and without rolling codes. I have an older Lift Master (Sears) around 1993 door opener. Any suggestions?

I've tried programming with the hand held remote and from the garage door motor's "smart" programming button - can't get anything to work!
Did you get your remote programmed yet? When I first got my car, I could not get it to work either, and I pretty much gave up. Im not home right now but I think I have an older model Lift Master also.

To make a long story short...6 months later I was sitting in my driveway reading some mail and for some reason I reached up and pressed the button on visor, held it down for about 3 seconds and up comes the garage door. So all that time it was programmed and I didn't know it. Maybe you could try holding the button down a little longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.