Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, wanted to know if anyone knows what the capacitor thats mounted on the driver side head is called. Mine is broken and need a new one.It looks like it is connected to a a wire coming from the harness and then the other end of the capacitor has a wire coming out going to the distributor. or atleast thats what it looks like. The wire looks like its tan color , kind of faded. Need Help Please.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can you pick one up at. And can the car start without it .Also my heads are aluminum and thers a couple wires that was mounted to the iron heads(ground wires i'm guessing ) should I ground them somewhere else on the block r on the chassis. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry , was sending my reply about the same time you sent where to get buy them i guess. Obviously i dont have both aluminum and iron heads in my car . The engine is now a 383 with aluminum heads and i was asking was It fine to put the ground on the aluminum heads . Thanks

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
The engine is now a 383 with aluminum heads and i was asking was It fine to put the ground on the aluminum heads .
Main ground on a TPI engine is the large bolt above oil filter, should be a whole bunch of black wires there.
Is recommended to keep engine/ computer grounds in one location to prevent elec problems

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi everyone, wanted to know if anyone knows what the capacitor thats mounted on the driver side head is called. Mine is broken and need a new one.It looks like it is connected to a a wire coming from the harness and then the other end of the capacitor has a wire coming out going to the distributor. or atleast thats what it looks like. The wire looks like its tan color , kind of faded. Need Help Please.
i believe its a tach filter to help eliminate radio interference. could be wrong though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts