Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until two weeks ago my wife and I belonged to a club in South Florida. We started out with a good club two years ago. Unfortunately, the president's power went to his head. He believes it's his club and he makes whatever decisions about the club's activities, who can participate in activities, etc. that he wants. Well enough of us had it with him and voted him out--but he refused to give up the presidency forcing most of the club members to quit. He even paid everyone back their dues for next year. The only members that are still in the club are his vice president and secretary/treasurer and a few followers. The members who quit and really great people and we have a good time whenever we get together, either at a party or on a cruise. We get together quite a bit and have never had a problem. We are doing cruises that we have found in Corvette Forums and meeting some nice people along the way. All, of course, riding in Corvettes--which is what life is all about. So, what do you think of Clubs?
Seas3to5

:( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
A. They belong under the seat so you can get to them quick in an emergency?
B. I use senior flex graphite because I am nowhere near as flexible as I used to be?
C. Boy that was a bad situation. i bet it will be a long time before you want to join another?

I wanted to join A club, local that does a great job raising some serious dollars for a worthwhile organazation however to belong to their club, I have to join a National club. Nah, I don't think so....

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Ive always Wanted my Dad to join a Corvette club or that we could go on a Caravan.:(
I guess our yearly Road trips to Bowling Green is enough.:smokin:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
I'm not big on clubs. I have a few businesses, and sadly a normal day can turn into an 18 hour day pretty quick.

I'd routinely miss club meetings, and be a no-show for some events. So, I think it's best to avoid clubs, instead of looking like an asshole.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
**** 'em.

Hangin' with you guys is all I need or want.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
AlwaysWave said:
**** 'em.

Hangin' with you guys is all I need or want.
Right on! You ready for our road trip on Saturday? The plan is to meet at the Walmart in Northlake at 6am. We'll meet up with Johnyvettes and some others, then hit the road! Just an FYI...

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program....;)

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Right on! You ready for our road trip on Saturday? The plan is to meet at the Walmart in Northlake at 6am. We'll meet up with Johnyvettes and some others, then hit the road! Just an FYI...

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program....;)
I might have to work. I'll know Thursday for sure either way.

If I don't, I'll meet you guys on I-57. You want breakfast or not?

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
AlwaysWave said:
I might have to work. I'll know Thursday for sure either way.

If I don't, I'll meet you guys on I-57. You want breakfast or not?
I don't normally eat until 4pm, but why the hell not. I'm in!

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
some are good,some not so good.i'm in a car club,buts it's not just vettes,anyone can join,no manditory meetings,theres actually only a few vettes.most cars in the club are 12 seconds and faster.were all pretty tight.theres two corvette clubs,i will probably never be in either one,i would join EFI unlimited,but theres is more formal and i work on there meeting days.like cruisin with the ferrari's and Lambo's.but i won't cry about not being in one.thats my babble for whatever it's worth:laughing: :smokin:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
raidmagic said:
:agree: I guess I have to talk my wife into moving to Illinois.:laughing:
:surprised and I'm trying to talk mine into moving south:laughing: :laughing: :nuts:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've thought about joining a club, I've gone to a few of their meetings, but like anything else, it depends on the personaility of those in charge. I'm still not convinced that I really want to join one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No clubs!

We thought about joining the local club a few years ago, showed up for a meeting, and got YELLED AT in front of the whole group for being late! We were out of there fast, and never looked back! :finger:

We have a group of friends we cruise with and we call ourselves the "Valrico Vettes", but it will never become a club (for one we are the most dysfunctional and disorganized group you will ever run across!).

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I'd rather not be tied down to a club. Its much better to do what you want when you want. :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
I don't normally eat until 4pm
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you body doesn't get calories after you wake up it assumes you're starving and begins burning muscle instead of fat on the theory that you need the fat for warmth and if you're starving you don't need the muscle.

I'm not making this up. I started working out when I started road racing because two hours in a race car beats the hell out of you. One of the first things the trainer told me was to eat breakfast, even if I didn't eat any other meal all day (and I never ate breakfast, just two cups of coffee). The regimen worked for me. I lost 30 lbs of fat and gained 20 lbs of muscle. I weigh 135 lbs and can benchpress 260lbs. I'm in better shape now than I was in jump school.

I'm serious Patrick, eat breakfast (and work out). Shoot for 2,600 calories per day.

Ray

1 - 20 of 22 Posts