Maybe, but the Jalopnik rendering is based on the real thing, so it's impossible to say whether C&D used independent information, or just copied Jalopnik and added a few spy pic and CAD details.To me they seem to be entirely based on the original Jalopnik rendering and the newer digital model created by Trinity animation.
On the hood extractors. Either GM just wanted to make the CFD look less complicated in the teaser pics or some cars have them some don't. There are two seperate CFD pics on the FB page one through the hood and one through the side vents.Maybe, but the Jalopnik rendering is based on the real thing, so it's impossible to say whether C&D used independent information, or just copied Jalopnik and added a few spy pic and CAD details.
Regardless, they have thoroughly embarassed Motor Trend, whose rendering looks more like a Pinto than the C7.
The resoution is poor here - not Chris's fault - but this appears to be the high performance model without the targa top but with a one piece windshield to hatch top cover.
The mysteries remaining:
That's about all I'm curious about. What are you curious about?
- Because the side looks to be just a big phony chrome thing with no real open vent, will the base vette (Sting Ray that is not shown here) have hood vents?
- ...or does the Sting Ray get a chrome-surrounded fender vent that is open, but no hood vent and the Z?? has a blocked fender vent?
- ...if so, are the Z?? hood vents bigger?
- Will the Sting Ray have a slightly different taillight bezel? ...maybe no black, pointed teardrops.
- Will the Sting Ray have a slightly different rear "defuser panel"?
- Will those long, skinny, vertical "vents" at the outer edges be functional?
- Will they be on the Sting Ray AND the Z?? rear fascias?
- Will the Sting Ray have the those two "splitter-like" body protrusions on the front fascia? I think not because if you look at the Omega Tooling shots, you'll see one front fascia with them and one without them.
- With that significantly larger front grill, can the C7 improve upon the C6 coefficient of drag?
OH... and why the F does my C&D always arrive two days after everyone else in the country!! ...and is dog eared with fingerprints all over the inside?!!!?
Good catch - this proves the side vents are functional. I'll never understand why the had to tart them up with chrome grills. If this was their response to the use of the recessed screens we see in C5s and C6s, they really don't get it. I have to keep coming back to copying the GT-R.There are two seperate CFD pics on the FB page one through the hood and one through the side vents.
Many will agree. To me, this is the first vette ever that is so handicapped by its looks, that it requires all the other components to overshaddow its exterior design. Fortunately for its future, the rest of the components are looking pretty good, but not as good as the looks are bad.If this is what the C7 looks like I am definitely keeping my C6.
If you saw it, you saw the real life rear end with lines of ugly surrounding the camaro-like taillights. How can one NOT be disappointed in that rear end design?!!?Like I said before, I've seen 'little more' than what normal car enthusiasts do, and I can't and shouldn't say anything about it. BUT, I want to say this - DON'T get disappointed or make your judgement until you see the actual thing. It's only a month and half away now... :thumbsup: :cheers:
C&D chose to illustrate the Z??, as Jalopnik did. Did they copy, or build from info they gathered - we can't tell.BTW, did anyone notice what looks like a vent on the top of the rear quarter panel, just above the door handle? is it a vent or what ?