Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can't wait until they test the 2008 LS3 w/baffled exhaust. Do you think they could shave a second or two off the base vettes time?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
That was a great read man, thanks:thumbsup: It looks like the Z51 was only 5 seconds behind the Z06. I know that's a lot, but still respectable. It was outpacing some of the high end cars as well.

Josh

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
And the verdict is "the Chevy can embarrass almost any other car on the track"

·
Banned
176 Posts
Pretty slow times overall. I know lots of guys running 2:18's to 2:15's at VIR with C5 Z06's. Tires make a lot of difference but still, I ran under 3 minutes my first time there.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah i read that in my Car and Driver. The Z06 blew everyone away with the fastest lap time for all LL classes.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Pretty slow times overall. I know lots of guys running 2:18's to 2:15's at VIR with C5 Z06's. Tires make a lot of difference but still, I ran under 3 minutes my first time there.
Which course at VIR are you talking about when you say they were running 2:15's?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I wonder how quicker the C6Z51 would be without the runcraps? I bet they hold it back. As far as the temps go for the GT500, heatsoak used to kill my 03 Cobra. Once it got hot, times (for me, the 1/4 mile) would just plummet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That was a great read man, thanks:thumbsup: It looks like the Z51 was only 5 seconds behind the Z06. I know that's a lot, but still respectable. It was outpacing some of the high end cars as well.

Josh
my thoughts we're....wow, only 2 seconds behind a GT3 on sticky tires. I think that given equal rubber the Z51 would beat the GT3s time.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wonder how quicker the C6Z51 would be without the runcraps? I bet they hold it back. As far as the temps go for the GT500, heatsoak used to kill my 03 Cobra. Once it got hot, times (for me, the 1/4 mile) would just plummet.
I agree! I use to own a KB Cobra and the temps would rise in the heat or after repeated runs.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
does anyone else think that the new 3-series is one hell of a car? if i could have 2 cars--it'd be a vette and an M3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts