Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in December I dropped the #7 cylinder. I had good spark, new plugs and wires verified the fuel injector wasnt an issue. The car is knocking, not sure from where, didnt want to run it anylonger than I needed to. Compression in #7 was 18% lower than any other cylinder, all the others were within 5 psi.
Took me a bit to get money together for a rebuild. Cars going to the shop this morning and they will rip it apart. Hope its not too bad, but we will see.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Cool

Are you going to have them do the heads and another cam in it ?

Or are you keeping it OEM

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to wait and see how bad it is first, the budget is going to decide. If a cylinder is scored or a head is damaged my budget wont allow for other parts.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have to wait and see how bad it is first, the budget is going to decide. If a cylinder is scored or a head is damaged my budget wont allow for other parts.
Your car is a 97? I usualy hear of the 02 and up engines with the low resistnce oil rings causing this issue. How many miles are on your car and is the engine original?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
108K on it and its all original. Shop cant touch it til Monday due to other work they were doing. I'll post up what they fnd once it apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts