Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
DC Crew
53,222 Posts
I think the security system is not allowing my car to start. Anyone having similar issues?
For a while on my C6 I left the FOB in the center console and left the doors unlocked. Anyone could have stolen it by pushing the start button, lol.

So... what problems are you seeing? Try both FOB's?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get in, I push start button, and nothing. Dash lights up like christmas tree. Security light stays on.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I just fixed the same problem with my C5 Z06

The problem with the electrical system on these cars Buddy is there is so much of it !

Ask me, I just went through the entire electrical system on a C5 Z06 Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :crazy: :laughing:

My fuel pump was not kick'n-on

I found a bad ground at the back of the car

Not before I took the Computer out to see if the Vats had shut down my fuel system lol

The tuner said vats was disabled !

Long story short forget all the crap you read on the internet buddy

I quit following info off the net about 4 years ago

My problem became solved as soon as I diagnosed the problem Air/fuel/spark

The old way worked !

Any Codes Thrown ?

Can you hear the fuel pump kick'n on ?

Does the car fire then shut down ?

Does the car crank ?

No crank ?

Let me know

Bon:nuts:

·
Super Moderator
10,132 Posts
Car starts when it wants.
Clearly you've received one of the female Corvettes.

:rolleyes:

Sorry ... not funny to you right now I'll bet.

Looks like you have some level headed help in the post above.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Female corvettes! real funny! lol. But once the car cranks it will run all day. The funny thing is that is seems like it depends on where the car is parked overnight. (I know this sounds crazy). I work at the airport overnight and for a week straight, it woudnt start the next morning. Well I left it home last night and wht do u know, I cranked right up this morning and it usually starts when iim home during the weekend. Im starting to feel like it doest like mornings.

·
Super Moderator
10,132 Posts
Yeah, not a female. They start up easier away from the home. :D I know ... I'm a pig.

...so what's different about the Garage vs the parking lot?
Do you usually park on an uneven surface? ... nose down or up? ...or both? The garage should be realatively level. A very loose wire could be falling out of contact if it only happens at one angle.

Probably more damp outside than in the garage and maybe colder. Could be a loose wire.

Given it's an airport and lots of radio waves around, have you tried placing the fob in the glove box slot to assure the car senses the fob? I know ... that's a stretch, but worth trying before you delve into the electrical issues.

If the Glove box slot doesn't do it, I think you should run down Bon's check list. JMHO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts