Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok long story short. I stopped by today to my shop. Everything is done. New engine done. Assembly done.

The car WILL start but then cuts off a few seconds later. Starts fine but then cuts off. What could it be?

we checked the computer and with a scanner and it says there is NO CONNECTION. Inserted another computer and it still gave them NO CONNECTION. They are going to double check the wiring again tomorrow.

this sucks man but does anything know what might be? Looks like there is no pulse going to the injectors...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is there any way you can work with the fuel pump manually?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill check with them but does that explain the problem with the NO connection on the computer?

·
Registered
441 Posts
ill check with them but does that explain the problem with the NO connection on the computer?
I also sent you a PM, but I'll also list this info here since I can't tell ya how many guys over the years have told me that they've had issues scanning their 95 vette's......... Since 1995 was a transitional year where GM was getting ready for the OBD-2 operating systems(PCM) (to replace the OBD-1 systems), they went ahead and made things a little confusing and used an OBD-2 "style" 16 pin ALDL connector on the 95 Vette's instead of the "regular" 12 pin OBD-1 connector that they had been using in years previous........many shops(and people) see this type of 16 pin connection and assume that it's an OBD-2 computer car, when it's really an OBD-1 computer car.......so at this point many try to use a "designated" OBD-2 type scanner, and they end up with a NO connection message when trying to scan the car.......... For scanning any 1995 OBD-1 corvette, you NEED an OBD-1 scanner(or a scanner that does "BOTH" OBD-1 and OBD-2 computers) and a special 16 pin "type" OBD-1 connector like this http://autoxray.com/product_detail.php?pid=85.....But like I said in the PM I sent you, I couldn't tell 100% from the info you gave, if this was the issue, but I figured that since this mix up is common enough, I would just post it............good luck , and Im glad to hear that they "at least" got the engine fired up(thats a REAL good sign)...........Also, If you ever decide to pick up a scanner(which you should:D ) so you can check things yourself, and not rely 100% on shops in the future for "regular" type repairs, this is about the best unit available(for the cost)....this scanner can do ALL OBD-1 and OBD-2 operating systems, and it can also capture live data, and "just about" everything else you'd want to check on yours or ANY car.....it also comes with ALL the cables you'd need for just about anything (including the wierd 16 pin OBD-1 style connector for the 95 Vette's).........it can be had for about $275.00 from arctic-tools on EBAY(that's where I bought mine) http://autoxray.com/product_detail.php?pid=94.............Joe:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts