Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the car to work one morning last week and after work I had to drive over to the school to pay some fees. After I left the school, I went across the street to where my friend worked and talked to him a little bit while letting the car run. As soon as I drove off, the car would not go. I could give it 3/4 throttle and it would barely move at all. A loud popping noise started to come from the air box/radiator. Once I turned the car off, it would not turn back on, back the lights would, but not turn over. I had to get the trailer and jump it and even with it running, it would not make it up the ramps. Any ideas off what could cause this sudden failure. Someone said check the alternator and it is good. Any help would be great before I take to someone.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
If the car suddenly started running poorly and then wouldn't crank over, you have to have a low or no voltage problem. Modern electronics must have the correct voltage or all sorts of problems can occur. I'll bet you have a bad connection either at the battery or to one of the many fused links..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts