Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened several times now. If I disconnect the battery to make a change on anything and reconnect the battery, the car will not start.

The car is an 84 crossfire Vette. I have made several changes that required me to disconnect the battery and each time I reconnect it I spend about an hour trying to get the car to start again. Eventually the car will just start, but I need to find out why it is doing this.

The car will just not fire any fuel from the injectors, it will crank just fine and there is spark, but just no fuel.

The car has had this problem since I purchased it about 4 months ago and I have been upgrading parts that were in need of replacement anyway, but I have not as of yet stopped this problem.

So far I have replaced these items: Distributor, O2 sensor, Plugs, wires, car rotor, MAP sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, and throttle bodies re bushed.

My suspicion is that maybe the alarm system is not resetting properly, but I think this is an aftermarket alarm. The key fob says Amenity and does not look like a Corvette factory fob.

You guys have any suggestions? Do you know where the alarm is located so that I can disconnect it? Any help would be appreciated.

James

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Sounds like the aftermarket anti-theft system is the problem. I have disconnected many of these because of the problems you describe. They work good when new, but put a few years on them and the only person that won't be able to drive the car is you. They are usually installed under the dash on the drivers side. It probably taps into the fuel pump relay to keep the pump from running.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was incorrect about the spark. I just checked for spark again and there is no spark. The car will crank just fine but no spark or fuel from the injectors.

I believe that the Amenity is just for the fob, and not the alarm system. I believe that I still have the factory Theft deterrent module in place.

any advice guys?

·
Registered
214 Posts
It seems I've read this same request at some point in the past....no luck with an answer I assume?

I've had hard start troubles on my '95 when the battery terminals get the slightest bit loose....power but really slow to start....maybe check that out.

Anyway, I really don't know what the issue may be but do you have a factory manual to help troubleshoot? I have a burned factory manual on CD in PDF for an '84 if it can be of any assistance.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems I've read this same request at some point in the past....no luck with an answer I assume?
Yeah Iron Mike, I posted a similar request a while back. The only response I got was to change my spark plugs. That wasn't the solution.

I'm hoping I may get a little more feedback this time. I'm beginning to think that it's the ECM, but I don't want to start dumping money into possible fixes without some direction from others that may have seen problems like this before.

James

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
No spark combined with no injector pulse usually boils down to a crank sensor (hall effect on your car I believe) It doesn't make sense that it would only have these symptoms after the battery has been disconnected though...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts