Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. its been two months without my car!! this sucks! well anyways for those of you who know my journey through hell the new shop I took it to has finished setting everything up in my car. I stopped by several times and saw them put in my new converter, top end, rear end and everything. They even found a leak in my exhaust and had it fixed for me..:thumbsup: im hoping to get it anyday now!! they told me today that the car is done but it won't start. It just cranks. He says its no problem and will look into it tomoorrow to see whats going on.

i know there are a lot of possibilities but is there anything serious I shoudl worry about? Im worried about that the first shop might of screwed up a lot of my wiring but we'll see. Jus tthought I would put up a post. Its been a while...:D

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Could be timing or no fuel to ignite the beast:huh:

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
don't sweat it until they call and say they can't fix it.. it could be a number of things. sounds liek the current shops seems to be on top of it..

So what did the new shop do? how bad the first shop screw up?

·
Registered
441 Posts
hey guys. its been two months without my car!! this sucks! well anyways for those of you who know my journey through hell the new shop I took it to has finished setting everything up in my car. I stopped by several times and saw them put in my new converter, top end, rear end and everything. They even found a leak in my exhaust and had it fixed for me..:thumbsup: im hoping to get it anyday now!! they told me today that the car is done but it won't start. It just cranks. He says its no problem and will look into it tomoorrow to see whats going on.

i know there are a lot of possibilities but is there anything serious I shoudl worry about? Im worried about that the first shop might of screwed up a lot of my wiring but we'll see. Jus tthought I would put up a post. Its been a while...:D
Yea, don't worry yet........like others mentioned, it could be several reasons why it won't crank right up.......once they take a closer look at it to see if it's getting spark to the plugs(during cranking), and also that fuel is getting to the injectors.. they'll know alot more about what's happening.........the only real big worry on the LT1/LT4 type engines is making sure the opti-spark unit is installed correctly....many think that it can only go in one way, but it can "easily" be indexed wrong in which case the car won't start and ofcourse it's a bunch of crap to take off and get out of the way to fix it(bad overall design the opti-spark was).........but Im sure they put it on right, and it's just something very simple that was overlooked when they tried to start it(or something that the other hair brain shop screwed up in the wiring)..............Joe:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts