Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never been inside a carb before and I've got a lot to learn, but I'm gonna try tuning mine sometime next week. Does the Chassis Service Manual cover carb tuning? I don't need a complete rebuild, just suspect it of running a little rich.

I've got an Edelbrock Performer. Don't know the serial number yet. If the Service Manual doesn't do the job justice, does anyone have good references I should look into?

Thanks.

·
Registered
587 Posts
lsejlowe said:
Never been inside a carb before and I've got a lot to learn, but I'm gonna try tuning mine sometime next week. Does the Chassis Service Manual cover carb tuning? I don't need a complete rebuild, just suspect it of running a little rich.

I've got an Edelbrock Performer. Don't know the serial number yet. If the Service Manual doesn't do the job justice, does anyone have good references I should look into?

Thanks.
go to www.edelbrock.com/automotive/eps_intro.html

·
Registered
436 Posts
eidlebrock

the eidelbrock is not an original carb,,, it will not be in any service/repair manuals.
try the eidlebrock homepage,,,,, after you find your carb model #

·
DC Pit Crew
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
huk_finn said:
the eidelbrock is not an original carb,,, it will not be in any service/repair manuals.
try the eidlebrock homepage,,,,, after you find your carb model #
granted it's not the original Rochester Q-Jet, but my understanding is that the Edelbrock Performer Q-Jet is very similar. Was mostly hoping to find good illustrations and general concepts from the manual.

Motorman - thanks for the link. I'll check that out.

·
Registered
587 Posts
lsejlowe said:
granted it's not the original Rochester Q-Jet, but my understanding is that the Edelbrock Performer Q-Jet is very similar. Was mostly hoping to find good illustrations and general concepts from the manual.

Motorman - thanks for the link. I'll check that out.
the link i posted is for the edelbrock AFB type performer carb not the edelbrock q jet style

·
Registered
162 Posts
do u have a link where i can get the specs for the q jet? if u could get it i would greatly appreciate it

·
Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove
5,157 Posts

Thanks.
Try this site ...

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/08/EdelbrockCarburetor/

Steven

1 - 10 of 10 Posts