Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
I was checking that out before.

I like that piece there, makes the ass look smaller and adds some cool detail.

As for what it's made of, thats a dang good question.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The first thing I thought when I saw the back end was how GM must have noticed all of the C5 owners painting their asses black and thought "hey that's not a bad idea." Those people can take some credit for the C6 rear end, I think. If it is carbon fiber it'll be sweet! Maybe that's why it sticks out a little bit... to show off the CF. I hope.
kjmccurdy

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think the piece works well from a design stanpoint. Probably not carbon fiber, but more likey (and hopefully) a high quality composite.

·
Registered
95 Posts
kjmccurdy said:
The first thing I thought when I saw the back end was how GM must have noticed all of the C5 owners painting their asses black and thought "hey that's not a bad idea." Those people can take some credit for the C6 rear end, I think. If it is carbon fiber it'll be sweet! Maybe that's why it sticks out a little bit... to show off the CF. I hope.
kjmccurdy
Yippy!!:excited:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll bet they are saving the Carbon Fiber diffuser/facia for aftermarket manufacturers. I have some good sources I'll ask. Everything he has told me is correct so far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Look at the Avalanche.. body cladding galore! Why not Corvette.
Maybe they save $$ in production costs by using it.

* my 2-cents *;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
bkuper said:
What is the piece in this location on Ferrari's made of?

Most Ferraris have the exhausts integrated in the painted rear facia, but do have a diffuser in that area (the front air intakes channel air under the car's flat undertray to the rear diffusers for ground effect).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts