You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Thanks guys....it gets quite a bit of attention :thumbsup:

All in all, its holding up very well.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
X the rumor on the street was that you sold the top!!! Glad you didnt!!!! SWEET :D

I want one... But I just blew up my daily driver and need a new car... so Im kind of tapped right now....:thud:

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
X the rumor on the street was that you sold the top!!! Glad you didnt!!!! SWEET :D

I want one... But I just blew up my daily driver and need a new car... so Im kind of tapped right now....:thud:
What street were you on when you heard that? :crazy: :laughing: NO WAY...I love it WAY too much.

You blew up your DD? Geez...when are the chips gonna fall your way? Although driving the vette daily can't be bad.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Dood.... Idk... I have a black cloud over my head! Things have been rough! But Im almost done with school and hopefully after that, things will start going more my way! :D Well thats the thought at least! :laughing:

·
Registered
149 Posts
XQIZT, the top looks great!
How difficult do you think it would be to bond the frame to the skin WITHOUT that jig you used?
I bought a top via an auction and although it fits my car, it doesn't fit well and doesn't clip into the holder in the back. I'm thinking I'll have to re-skin it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
XQIZT, the top looks great!
How difficult do you think it would be to bond the frame to the skin WITHOUT that jig you used?
I bought a top via an auction and although it fits my car, it doesn't fit well and doesn't clip into the holder in the back. I'm thinking I'll have to re-skin it.
Since, i am the manufacture of these tops, i also can help you out. ;)

Basically, you do not need any jig tool anymore. The skin will BOLT ON to your oem frame.
Check this thread:
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143112

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
HEY!! I still have it, although the original glue I used started to let go of the frame, so I think somehow mounting a bolt to each corner and working it into the frame is a better answer. There are holes in each corner of the frame to accommodate that.

I ran into a customer of yours here in Orlando 2 weeks ago. Silver C5. He was very complimentary of your work and it looked GREAT!

How are things?

·
Registered
140 Posts
HEY!! I still have it, although the original glue I used started to let go of the frame, so I think somehow mounting a bolt to each corner and working it into the frame is a better answer. There are holes in each corner of the frame to accommodate that.

I ran into a customer of yours here in Orlando 2 weeks ago. Silver C5. He was very complimentary of your work and it looked GREAT!

How are things?
Sounds good! If you would like, you can always send me the top and I will install 4 bolts for you. The idea with these 4 bolts worked very well. It holds the top better than the OEM adhesive.

As for the silver vette, i know that guy, i overlay his C5 top with one layer of carbon fiber then clear coated 3-4 times.

What about the color, clear coat, any changes?

·
You've been pimped!!
15,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
His top looked amazing...clear coat was still perfect.

I may take you up on that offer to fix my top. I'd LOVE to use the top more, but I don't for fear of loosing it. I just hope I can get it off the frame with no issues.

How is business going? Getting lots of customers?

·
Registered
140 Posts
His top looked amazing...clear coat was still perfect.

I may take you up on that offer to fix my top. I'd LOVE to use the top more, but I don't for fear of loosing it. I just hope I can get it off the frame with no issues.

How is business going? Getting lots of customers?
Sure ))) I will be happy to install these bolt's for you, so you can use it more.

I do not remember if i mentioned, but i sold my vette like a year ago. Basically, no more vette (((
I am not making any new parts for lovely C4s anymore, i just have the molds.

PM if you would like to send the top, i will give you the address.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts