Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A had seen an earlier ad for functional (not stick on) Carbon Fiber Z06 rear brake ducts. Per my response to similar thread, I am looking to complete this mod in the next few months and would like to compare the Carbon Fiber offering to the standard flat black GM version. Can anyone recommend a supplier? Are they as durable as the flat black GM version. They look good, however I wonder how they wear with road grime, stones, etc.

Thanks! Any pictures would also be appreciated. :partyon:

·
Registered
720 Posts
The rear brake duct area is a 'high stone chip zone', beware! I'd put the GM
Z06 ones on.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only place I have seen the carbon fiber brake ducts is at RK Sport. I don't remember if they were stick on or the fully functional piece.
You do get a lot of rock chips down there but if possible before you put them on the car, find a place close to you that does the clear bra paint protection and either buy a couple of small bulk pieces and do it yourself or just have them put it on for you. It should not cost more than $25-$50 and hopefully they will do a good job for you. I own a clear bra shop and thats what I did with my new Halltech Ram Air Tunnel Port and front canards. Just say :down: to rock chips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the RK Sport CF duct covers on my Z06. My experience is that they stand up better to the road abuse than the OEM pieces. FYI, the RK Sport covers are stick-ons. If you buy them throw away the rubber cement that comes with the kit and either use auto grade epoxy or double sided tape to mount them. If you want the cleanest (flush) fit, I suggest removing the OEM ducts then mount the CF covers to them. That way you can trim any excess if necessary.

-RR

Here's how mine look on the car:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just installed mine, look just like roushraven. Came out looking great!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i decided to go another route, removed my z06 ducts and molded in BPP ones...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts